Honoring Veterans...CAP Units plan?

Started by Major Carrales, November 06, 2006, 08:06:30 AM

Major Carrales

As you well know Veteran's Day approacheth :clap: ...many CAP units will be honoring Veterans in unique ways from participating in Veteran's Day Activities to some more quite affair.

Now might be a good time and place to relay those plans!

I am not a Veteran... How might a CAP Officer like myself best honor these heroes?

BTW...5 Novemeber to 11 November is Veteran's Awareness by Congressional Mandate (much like 17 September is Constitution Day)
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SarDragon

I think my family and I will just sit back and enjoy our day.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Lancer

Our squadron will be participating in our wing Academic Bowl this Saturday. So I'm sure we'll at least recognize the day.

In a more 'official' capacity, our squadron is participating in the Wreaths Across America project. If your squadron wants to participate in this, I would suggest it. We're considering it a great honor to be able to do such a thing.

Check out the website if you haven't already.

http://www.wreaths-across-america.org/

CAP428

Our honor guard is posting the colors at a school's Veteran's Day assembly.

capchiro

Our Honor Guard is posting the flag at a local model car club show that will have a minute of silence at 11:00 on Saturday.
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Johnny Yuma

Veteran's Day was founded in Emporia, Kansas and the local squadron's color guards had so many invitation to lead area parades and post memorials it had to turn down invitations. The entire unit is also marching in the City parade, followed by a memorial service and bean feed afterward.

Ottawa is also having a large parade and car show where members from 3 unts are assisting with cordoning off the military vehicle displays, parking, etc.

We're also having a Mission scanner training session in Wichita, so it's a busy weekend for KSWG.

Johnny Yuma

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

capcadet101

My squadron is marching in a parade with four historic flags and the mo and American flag and then riffles
Cadet Ryan W. DiGiuseppi
Lake St. Louis Missouri 63367
ges,set, certified

SarDragon

Quote from: capcadet101 on November 07, 2006, 04:46:31 AM
My squadron is marching in a parade with four historic flags and the mo and American flag and then riffles

What's a riffle? A rifle with a ruffle?  :o
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Pylon

Quote from: SarDragon on November 07, 2006, 09:14:23 AM

For one of those, I'd hold a raffle!  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Psicorp

Quote from: Pylon on November 07, 2006, 04:18:57 PM

They're NEW, they're CEREMONIAL, and they're soooooo CUTE!!
Introducing the RIFFLE, our very own rifle with a ruffle, sure to make your drill and color guard teams stand out from the rest!  Only $59.95 each, they come with your choice of colored ruffle and coordinating frilly carry strap.  Supplies are limited, so order one or a dozen today!! Call (800) MY RIFFLE

Offer void where prohibited by law, CAP Regulation, and the the National CC's whim.  Certain restrictions apply, see your Logistics Officer for details.  No guarentee or warrenty explicitly or implicitly implied applies. Returns subject to a 100% restocking fee. Have a nice day.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: Psicorp on November 07, 2006, 04:33:46 PM
Quote from: Pylon on November 07, 2006, 04:18:57 PM

They're NEW, they're CEREMONIAL, and they're soooooo CUTE!!
Introducing the RIFFLE, our very own rifle with a ruffle, sure to make your drill and color guard teams stand out from the rest!  Only $59.95 each, they come with your choice of colored ruffle and coordinating frilly carry strap.  Supplies are limited, so order one or a dozen today!! Call (800) MY RIFFLE

Offer void where prohibited by law, CAP Regulation, and the the National CC's whim.  Certain restrictions apply, see your Logistics Officer for details.  No guarentee or warrenty explicitly or implicitly implied applies. Returns subject to a 100% restocking fee. Have a nice day.

Now that's just wrong!

Y'all are starting to scare me.

Johnny Yuma
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

BillB

A riffle is not authorized. I checked Vanguards catalog and they are not listed. And we all know if National HQ wanted cadets to have riffles they would be in the Vanguard catalog.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

davedove

Those who are veterans should read this from the Secretary of Veterans Affairs:

http://www1.va.gov/veteranspride/
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003