Main Menu

Ignore button

Started by RiverAux, February 16, 2010, 03:34:36 PM

davidsinn

Quote from: MIKE on March 31, 2010, 04:18:17 PM
Until they fix it so you can lock out "ignore" administrators/moderators posts for normal users... Pretty much.  It's not that I will not be ignored, but we need some sort or override/control to moderate effectively.

You mean as written that module allows us mortals to put the admin gods on ignore? When can we start? >:D

Kidding.

That is a pretty poor design choice on their part though.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Quote from: MIKE on March 31, 2010, 04:18:17 PM
Until they fix it so you can lock out "ignore" administrators/moderators posts for normal users... Pretty much.  It's not that I will not be ignored, but we need some sort or override/control to moderate effectively.

Well, even if we were silly enough to put a mod on ignore, any lock actions would still take effect, right?  So it would be use at your own risk
of being smacked on and not know it?

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

Correct.  I think the warnings system is technically independent of PMs also.
Mike Johnston

Major Carrales

Why not just ignore people the old fashoned way...and not read anything by the offending persons?  It seems to me that the problem is one on a personal level within one's own mind rather than a feature on a forum.

And, really, if you can't handle some people's ideas because they are different than your own why on earth come to a discussion forum to begin with.  I come here so I can test my ideas against everyone else's...sometimes there is conflict but, in the end, my idea is made either valid or not in my mind based on the discussion.  A "virtual proving ground" in every sense of the metaphorical word.

I can't see what anyone would find so offensive to their beliefs and values here that would require ignorance, the act of ignoring..
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454