New, Free Cadet Officer Packages

Started by Pylon, November 03, 2006, 10:33:17 PM

Pylon

Curt LaFond at NHQ recently announced that National Headquarters will be sending Mitchell Award recipients their Phase III & IV materials free-of-charge from now on.  Cadets will no longer be required to purchase their books from Vanguard.

Seems like a positive change.  I wonder if it's an attempt to discourage the promotion stagnation we see for many cadets right after the Mitchell?  I also wonder where funding was found for this as budgets get smaller?

Stole this quote from my good friend Tom Rehman, former NCAC Chair:

QuoteGood news for cadet officers. Beginning January 1st, as cadets earn their Mitchell, CAP will automatically send them the educational materials they will need during Phases III & IV, at no cost to the cadets.

In other words, new Mitchell cadets won't need to buy their books from Vanguard. They'll save $35.

Attached is a 2-page bulletin that explains how the "Cadet Officers' Kit" program will work. All units will receive the bulletin in the mail soon. This info is also available online at www.cap.gov/cadets.

Please help us spread the word. Thanks.

CURT LAFOND
Education Manager

The contents of the cadet officer's package and the program is deatiled here: http://level2.cap.gov/documents/Cadet_Officer_Kit__Kickoff.pdf
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP