Main Menu

SAR Catalogs

Started by Hoorah, December 31, 2009, 05:43:40 PM

Stonewall

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on January 02, 2010, 05:58:56 PM
I have decided that I will not make any further topics till Feb 15th 2010. I will though post in topics when I need to.

Thank you.
Serving since 1987.

Hoorah

Quote from: Stonewall on January 02, 2010, 06:02:41 PM
Quote from: capcadetwilliams on January 02, 2010, 05:58:56 PMI have decided that I will not make any further topics till Feb 15th 2010. I will though post in topics when I need to.
Thank you.
Your welcome.

Hoorah

Oh boy lately  I hit the jackpocket ordering free catalogs. Though now I  have slamd to a halt I am having trouble registering with GSA.

Hoorah

I have a list of catalogs. Let me  know if your interrested in what catalogs I have? The list changes Monday through Satarday.

Pumbaa

AAaarrggghhhh!!!

My head is about to explode...

Hoorah

Hoorah

JayT

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on January 10, 2010, 12:44:48 AM
Why?

Quote from: capcadetwilliamsI have a list of catalogs. Let me  know if your interrested in what catalogs I have? The list changes Monday through Satarday.

Your grammar is getting better, but I don't understand 'the list changes Monday through Saturday.'

Thanks for the offer through.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Hoorah

The list of catalogs grows Monday Through Satarday.

Flying Pig

Dont be a geardo.
There are very few inexpensive items that a cadet would actually need.  I work with full time SAR deputies who perform ALL aspects of SAR. From the searching to the rescuing in some of the most inhospitable terrain in the US.  They really dont carry a lot of equipment unless its winter.  Then I see volunteers show up looking like an Infantry Company ready for the Normandy invasion with the price tags still stuck to their gear.

If your really into that stuff, I saw in your profile that your about 17yrs old?  Is there anything preventing you from possibly joining the military and attempting to get into SAR.  I think for cadets, sometimes getting away from CAP after their cadet life is over is a good thing.
I can guarantee your probably not going to find the level of SAR you are looking for in CAP.  There are plenty of areas you can be involved in without being a PJ.

JayT

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on January 10, 2010, 04:11:21 PM
The list of catalogs grows Monday Through Satarday.

How does a list grow unless you're adding to it?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Mustang

Some of you "adults" need to check yourselves. Senior member officers pouncing on a cadet one-striper such as some of you did is beyond pathetic. Is your sense of self-worth so tentative that you are compelled to read a new cadet member the riot act so publicly?  Get over yourselves already.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

DC

Quote from: Mustang on January 27, 2010, 09:50:27 AM
Some of you "adults" need to check yourselves. Senior member officers pouncing on a cadet one-striper such as some of you did is beyond pathetic. Is your sense of self-worth so tentative that you are compelled to read a new cadet member the riot act so publicly?  Get over yourselves already.
capcadetwilliams isn't new, he has been around this board for over a year now, and claims to have been in CAP for around two. 310 posts and 70 threads started are enough to get an idea of what constitutes a meaningful post...

Bobble

Quote from: Mustang on January 27, 2010, 09:50:27 AM

Sort of a broad brush-stroke approach there, that whole"...you 'Adults'..."  thing, but I truly don't see the "pouncing" you speak of, except for maybe Pumbaa's 'Monitor out the window' post.  In the main, constructive criticism in each response for someone who seems to have noted difficulty in taking same to heart and keyboard.

Speaking for myself, I'm sort of starting to groove on CCW's posting brevity and almost Zen-like/mystical phrasing and structure (or lack thereof).  I almost want to go and write some CAP haiku's.

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on January 10, 2010, 12:44:01 AM
Why.

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on January 10, 2010, 12:44:48 AM
Why?

Why not?

By the way, just out of curiousity, would you be the same Mustang commenting over at Phib's place?
R. Litzke, Capt, CAP
NER-NY-153

"Men WILL wear underpants."

SarDragon

This thread has gone seriously astray, but I will attempt to provide some additional insight into the most recent issue.

As noted, Mr Williams is not a new poster. Is his "Why?" a Zen why, or a clueless why? Sadly, I think the latter. He has been given guidance on many occasions, both publicly and by PM, and has neither responded nor apparently paid attention in many cases. It's frustrating.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret