Main Menu

Outdated Regs

Started by davedove, October 17, 2006, 06:46:29 PM

ADCAPer

Quote from: arajca on October 30, 2006, 06:15:51 PM
The NB is looking at changing how regs are approved. The new process will go something like this:
NB/NEC approves concept/policy for regulation/uniform/aircraft paint scheme/etc.
CAP/CC assigns writing/revising of reg to appropriate OPR, if not already assigned
OPR writes reg/change/etc and submits to CAP/CC for signature
CAP/CC reviews to make sure reg meets NB/NEC policy/concept decision
CAP/CC approves reg
Reg gets posted and takes effect

After step 1, the process can take as little as a week.

I personally think that would be a huge mistake, and you don't have to look any further than the Wing Banking Fiasco to see why. I can agree that a period of years is to long to wait for a change, but a matter of days would be a disaster.

There are simply too many variables involved with the way that local squadrons operate to allow changes to national policy to occur in a week. This is why 5-1 requires national to publish proposed changes for a 60 day comment period, so any unforeseen issues can be worked out before a regulation goes live.

Of course, as the whole world has witnessed in the last couple of months, CAP Regulations apparantly only apply when it suits Nationals or a Wings needs. I'm still trying to decipher how a rewrite of the national Finance Regulations managed to rate an Emergency Revision.