Main Menu

NCSA prices

Started by GoofyOne, December 02, 2009, 02:34:05 PM

GoofyOne

Does anyone know when they are going to post prices for the NCSA?

Angus

Which one?  they're all different prices.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

jimmydeanno

If you go to www.ncsas.com and click on each one, on the right side of the page it lists and "Activity fee"

For example: http://www.ncsas.com/index.cfm/civic_leadership_academy?show=career_fair&careerFairID=23

On the right side, it says "activity fee: $295.00 Covers meals, lodging, and activities. A $150 deposit is due on 2 Jan, with the balance due 1 Feb."
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

GoofyOne

That price was out there when the applications started on Sep/Oct time.

There, as of checking moments ago, are not prices for Powerd Flight Acdmy, BB, COS, Glider Flight etc.

High Speed Low Drag

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 02, 2009, 04:07:35 PM
If you go to www.ncsas.com and click on each one, on the right side of the page it lists and "Activity fee"

For example: http://www.ncsas.com/index.cfm/civic_leadership_academy?show=career_fair&careerFairID=23

On the right side, it says "activity fee: $295.00 Covers meals, lodging, and activities. A $150 deposit is due on 2 Jan, with the balance due 1 Feb."
There is only a couple that have any mention of fee.  The rest of them don't have them.
G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"

addo1

Most, if not all of the NCSA prices have been announced. FYI
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

DC

It looks like everything but the flight academies went up by about $100, while NFA is down to $750...

Are they trying to compensate for the expense of the flying by making everything else more expensive?

Eclipse

Quote from: DC on December 10, 2009, 03:07:44 PM
It looks like everything but the flight academies went up by about $100, while NFA is down to $750...

Are they trying to compensate for the expense of the flying by making everything else more expensive?

To my knowledge the budgets for NCSA's are all separate.  Things are tough all over, and many have been holding down prices for several years.

I know we had to kick our encampment a few bucks this year after at least 6 of static fees.

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

I would understand a general increase, but it seems really odd that most activities went up (by the same amount), while all the NFAs went down by $250....

davidsinn

Quote from: DC on December 10, 2009, 06:05:21 PM
I would understand a general increase, but it seems really odd that most activities went up (by the same amount), while all the NFAs went down by $250....

Might I suggest a non sinister explanation?

AVGAS is far cheaper this year than last. I would assume they contract the fuel ahead of time. Pay now, take delivery next summer just like my cousin does with his red diesel.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

RedFox24

+1

Plus food and lodging play a big part as well.  Contractors change on a base and you can see a an almost $100 swing in cost per person one way or another.  And it doesn't help when the contract changes weeks before your activity. 
Contrarian and Curmudgeon at Large

"You can tell a member of National Headquarters but you can't tell them much!"

Just say NO to NESA Speak.