GLR Southern Encampment 2003

Started by kd8gua, October 23, 2009, 08:06:53 PM

kd8gua

Is there anyone on this board that attended the Great Lakes Region Southern Encampment at Wright Patterson AFB / Wright State University in 2003? It would be fun to find anyone who has some great stories from that week. Does anyone happen to have the photo gallery CD that was made and sold on the website? I was going to buy one but didn't have funds at the time.

The 03 Encampment was the first at Wright Patt after 9/11, and as such, we weren't allowed to stay on base because of security. So we were put up in the dorms at Wright State and bussed in on USAF school buses to all of the activities, even eating!

I was in Alpha flight, which wound up winning Honor Flight and Honor Squadron, even though we never once did PT (our officers kept changing our schedules and almost always scheduled PT after the Black Flag Heat Index Values were exceeded haha), were corralled into the basement of the dorm the first night because of a tornado warning, and Squadron 1 was the only Squadron to get an Orientation flight. We flew along the coast of Lake Michigan in a C-141 while everyone else was sent to the rifle range to shoot M-16s. I know one of my roommates who is from IN wing is currently finishing up at the USAF Academy. But it would be great to hear from others that were there.
Capt Brad Thomas
Communications Officer
Columbus Composite Squadron

Assistant Cadet Programs Activities Officer
Ohio Wing HQ

IceNine

yikes dude.

That's a little too much specialized nostalgia for this place.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

kd8gua

Hey, it still surprises me I remember as much as I do :) That was like 100 years ago to me anymore.
Capt Brad Thomas
Communications Officer
Columbus Composite Squadron

Assistant Cadet Programs Activities Officer
Ohio Wing HQ

brasda91

I attended the 2004 GLR encampment as a TAC-O.  And either the 2003 or 2005 encampment at Wright-Patt.  e-Services only has 2004 recorded.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Майор Хаткевич

Never been up there, but always wanted to.

My e-services have all of mine listed:

Naval Station Great Lakes   25 Apr 2004
Naval Station Great Lakes   24 Apr 2005
Naval Station Great Lakes   30 Apr 2006
Naval Station Great Lakes   22 Apr 2007
Naval Station Great Lakes   27 Apr 2008

Basic - Basic/ATF - First Sergeant - Cadet Commander - Stan Eval