Do you look for CAP planes at the Airport?

Started by jimmydeanno, September 22, 2009, 05:53:51 PM

RiverAux

They better watch out -- someone might think they're on a CD mission and shoot at them.  >:D

♠SARKID♠

I always look up at every engine noise I hear from above.  Every now and then I see a CAP plane at work because we're next to the airport.

I used to crane my neck every time I saw a white van to see if it had markings, but when I began driving for a living and spent much of the day on the road I started getting whiplash...

SarDragon

I'm actually more concerned about the black vans.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NCRblues

Do you think they take out the last row of seats in the black vans, or just to be dangerous leave them in? more room for "naughty" cap members ;) :D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

DC

Quote from: NCRblues on September 25, 2009, 04:20:35 AM
Do you think they take out the last row of seats in the black vans, or just to be dangerous leave them in? more room for "naughty" cap members ;) :D
Nah, you need the open space in back for the hogtied and blindfolded member who dared to question the NB.  ;)

heliodoc

Make those CAP black vans ...useful  'cuz as they are they are pretty useless

Deliver parts to the hangars where CAP aircraft have been sitting for more than a month waiting for props and engines

Saves money on Fedex

Nolan Teel

Wait they are just going to paint over the CAP Markings?  They are decals...  Shouldnt they come off?

RADIOMAN015

I find it easier to electronically monitor all CAP aircraft flying in my area.   Just a simple radio scanner with all the local/regional Air Traffic Control frequencies being scanned will yield those "CAPFLIGHT" (and maybe soon to be "CAP") callsigns.

Of special interest are those callsigns monitored that are out of wing and/or out of region.
RM 

PHall

Quote from: Nolan Teel on September 25, 2009, 06:50:18 PM
Wait they are just going to paint over the CAP Markings?  They are decals...  Shouldnt they come off?

When we got our C-206 back from the paint shop the markings were painted on. No decals.