HQ CAP-USAF Commanding General Visits MA Wing CAP Encampment

Started by RADIOMAN015, August 26, 2009, 09:55:42 PM

RADIOMAN015

Check out the MA Wing's site, under the cadet program button, encampment news.

Apparently Brig Gen Theresa Djuric visited the arriving cadets & their families on 8/16/2009 at Ft Devens Training Area, Ayer MA.

Gen Djuric is the commander of the Jeanne M. Holm Center for Officer Accession and Citizen Development Center,
http://www.afoats.af.mil/
and is now responsbile for supervising HQ CAP-USAF under the reorganization of Air Univ.

My understanding is that cadets were quite surprised and excited about the general's visit.

Looks like CAP is got another general on our side!!! :clap:
RM

notaNCO forever

I got to meet her at COS she seemed like a really great person that actually cared about CAP.

lordmonar

Just a technical quibble.

Gen Djuric is not the commanding general of CAP-USAF.   There is no such position.

It would be like saying "Maj General Courter the Commanding General of Nevada Wing visted today."

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Gunner C

I don't believe USAF does "commanding generals."  There are just commanders.

bosshawk

To be technically correct, CAP-USAF is commanded by a Colonel, who answers to the one star that you are mentioning.  I don't remember the Colonel's name, as he is new but you can look it up on eServices.

In any event, it was good of her to visit an Encampment to see what happens to the money that she sends to Wings.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Westernslope

Gen Djuric supports CAP in her professional life AND in her personal life. Her son is a CAP Cadet.

flyguy06

Quote from: Gunner C on August 27, 2009, 12:24:50 AM

The USAF has Commanding Generals. numbered Air Forces are commanded by Generals.

CAP-USAF does not have a CG. They are commanded by a Colonel

PHall

Quote from: flyguy06 on August 29, 2009, 02:13:00 AM

The USAF has Commanding Generals. numbered Air Forces are commanded by Generals.

But the Commander of a Numbered Air Force is NOT referred to as a "Commanding General", they are referred to as "Commander, XX Air Force".

The phrase "Commanding General" is an Army term.

Gunner C

The Army's duty position is specifically "commanding general."  A commander who is a general is a bit different.

For a field or company grade commander you would see something like this:

JOSEPH N. SCHMO
CPT, IN
Commanding

I guess it was a shortening of the former "Commanding Officer."  Who knows . . . the Army doesn't have traditions, it has fads.

SarDragon

"The Army has doctrine, the Navy has tradition,  and the Air Force is new."
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Airrace

What a honor to have  Brig Gen Theresa Djuric visit your encampment!

flyguy06

Quote from: PHall on August 29, 2009, 03:23:51 AM

But the Commander of a Numbered Air Force is NOT referred to as a "Commanding General", they are referred to as "Commander, XX Air Force".

Symantics my friend. The point is theyhave General officers thatare Commanders. Who cares what they arde actually called.

And Division Commanders (two stars) are called Division Commanders not Commanding Generals if you want to get that specific which I dont.

PHall

Quote from: flyguy06 on August 30, 2009, 01:56:41 AM
Quote from: PHall on August 29, 2009, 03:23:51 AM

Symantics my friend. The point is theyhave General officers thatare Commanders. Who cares what they arde actually called.

And Division Commanders (two stars) are called Division Commanders not Commanding Generals if you want to get that specific which I dont.

One, I am not your friend. I have never met you, so please don't call me friend.

You were using Army terminology, which is understandable since you are in the Army National Guard.
I was merely trying to educate you on the terminology the Air Force uses.