Main Menu

V neck T-shirts

Started by Rob Sherlin, August 10, 2009, 02:15:17 PM

Strick

Can we wear crew neck with the TPU ?, I have yet to find a cited reg on it.
[darn]atio memoriae

Eclipse

Since the TPU CSU only exisits in ICL's, the regs do not speak to this, however common sense would say "no", since every other short-sleeve dress shirt in CAP is worn with a v-neck.

"That Others May Zoom"

davedove

To the best of my knowledge, none of the corporate uniforms specify one way or the other.  Sometimes a color is specified, but it generally just says something like "appropriate undergarments will be worn."
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Rob Sherlin

Glad to see a lot of people feel the same way. The "V-neck" just looks as nasty as a stretched out "crew neck" when a person has a lot of chest hair. I feel that was a BAD desicion to enforce the "V-neck". A lot of movies and such where you see Air Force and other uniforms, you don't see them wearing "V-necks".....Why?.....Because the "crew necks"loook better! I just don't understand why the officials who make up the uniform rules don't understand this..or they have no taste or dedication to change the regulations for the better!

PS..I'm not trying to cause a "beef" with people with a lot of chest hair that would stick out when wearing the uniform. But, what's next?..We gonna' have to shave our chest?...BRING BACK THE "CREW NECKS"!..It's a small request..Surely we can all get it done!

Posts merged. - MIKE
To fly freely above the earth is the ultimate dream for me in life.....For I do not wish to wait till I pass to earn my wings.

Rob Sherlin SM, NER-NY-116

Airrace

I think you should wear what is comfortable either the v-neck or crew neck.

Eclipse

Quote from: Rob Sherlin on August 11, 2009, 07:26:25 PMA lot of movies and such where you see Air Force and other uniforms, you don't see them wearing "V-necks"

Please post a pic from a recent movie or tv show which seeks to depict the Air Force uniform state of the last 20 years and shows anyone wearing a crewneck with the short sleeve blue uniform.  Actually, 2-3 would more support your assertion of "a lot".

(RIP General Hammond)

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

^ Do the late Mr. Davis a favor and fix the above: http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0006003/
Mike Johnston

swamprat86

This picture looks like he is wearing a v-neck.  Sorry guys.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2917637888/nm0204493

DesertFlyer

I would strongly endorse changing to the crew necks.  They're what I wore in the Marine Corps and for decades thereafter.  They look much more professional and military. When I joined CAP, I bought the first V-necks I ever owned. They are worn only with my CAP uniforms -- I think they look and feel silly in any other context.
Lt Col Dave Finley, CAP
Socorro Composite Squadron
New Mexico Wing

Semper Fidelis -- Semper Vigilans

RiverAux

Although there can be problems with color and condition of crew neck t-shirts, those are easier to fix than to get us hairy chested brutes to shave low enough so that the hair doesn't poke out of a v-neck - which looks way more unprofessional than the worst crew neck. 

Sad to say, but this is more and more becoming a moot point since few new members are getting the service uniform because it is hardly ever being used as the uniform of the day for seniors anymore (other than by seniors working with cadets, though even that appears to be on the decline). 

majdomke

I wear whatever the UOD is for my cadets except for PT night when I wear the polo.