WMIRS New Sortie Entry

Started by Tubacap, July 22, 2009, 02:01:24 AM

Tubacap

So I went into WMIRS today and found that the sortie entry is different now.  It asks for Tach start and end.  Does anyone know if there is a way to view this data as it acrues for each airplane?
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Short Field

WMIRS has a Aircraft Log report under Reports.  It currently just shows flight time for each flight.   WMIRS now has fields for MO and two MS for each sortie as well as asking for the Tach start and stop times.   If you notice, the new fields are not required to be entered.  I think they may be positioning WMIRS to start recording more info for all the sorties.  If/when that happens, it seems logical they will include the new fields on the reports. 

It is just nice to know someone is looking at WMIRS and working to make it better.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Tubacap

How about it!  Having maintenance type information reported with every sortie wouldn't be all that much more work, and it would eliminate one step for entering it into the WMU.
NER-PA-001

Robborsari

IMU already requests the tach and keeps track of the timed maintainance items.  It is not much harder to get crews into the habit of reporting their tach time as well as the hobbs.  If they get it all integrated I think it will be a great help for the maint folks.
Lt Col Rob Borsari<br  / Wing DO
SER-TN-087

scooter

Entered tach time into the new form today. It recorded sortie time as tach time and overrode the hobbs time I entered. So now, where do we put the hobbs time so it can be compared to the AIF Flt Log 3? I put a note in "Tracking".

Tubacap

Interesting... did you put a trouble ticket in with someone?
NER-PA-001

scooter

Trouble ticket? How do I do that? I was thinking this is the way it is designed to be but don't know why. Crew chiefs and FROs are supposed to match AIF forms and Form 99s with WMIRS but this looks like it will be a problem unless that requirement is going away. Of course it could be the right and left hands were not coordinating  when this change took place. Ya think maybe!?