Main Menu

Safety Pledge Poster

Started by James Shaw, June 29, 2006, 05:13:29 PM

James Shaw

I have a safety poster I designed that can be printed out to up to 11 X 14. If you would like a coply please use the following link and copy it.

http://www.coloradowingcap.org/safety.html
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Becks

looks good sir, thanks for the link

BBATW

Stoneyboy

The poster looks real good.  I don't have a printer that can print it at that size. Can a cope be made at 8 x 10?

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

shorning

Quote from: Stoneyboy on October 28, 2006, 08:13:18 PM
The poster looks real good.  I don't have a printer that can print it at that size. Can a cope be made at 8 x 10?

It's just a JPG.  You should be able to resize it in any graphics program.  Or copy it into Word or PowerPoint and print at your desired size.

mawr

The poster looks good.  I guess your Wing has chosen to keep the safety pledge as it was recinded some time ago by NHQ.

Keep up the fine work.
Rick Hasha, Lt Col CAP

shorning

Quote from: mawr on October 31, 2006, 09:51:56 PM
The poster looks good.  I guess your Wing has chosen to keep the safety pledge as it was recinded some time ago by NHQ.

I was visiting a new squadron the other day and they did the safety pledge.  I thought to myself, "I thought we did away with that.  Hmmm...I'll have to check."  Good to know I haven't lost my mind...yet. ;)

Psicorp

From what I gather from the information on the NHQ site, the requirement was recinded, but that doesn't mean units cannot continue the practice of reciting the pledge at opening ceremonies or prior to activities. 

Personally, I like the pledge...it emphasizes that safety is every member's responsibility.  I also like reminding members that the Cadets and Officers under our charge ARE Civil Air Patrol assets.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

James Shaw

The safety pledge contest they had going was recinded when Pineda took over because it would cost to much money. You should always be safe contest or not so I have continued to distribute it. If you would like a copy I will send the full size jpeg.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

A.Member

Quote from: Psicorp on November 01, 2006, 05:30:00 PM
From what I gather from the information on the NHQ site, the requirement was recinded, but that doesn't mean units cannot continue the practice of reciting the pledge at opening ceremonies or prior to activities. 

Personally, I like the pledge...it emphasizes that safety is every member's responsibility.  I also like reminding members that the Cadets and Officers under our charge ARE Civil Air Patrol assets.
The "safety pledge" was one of the sillier concepts to come out of National to date (and trust me, there is some stiff competition in that arena).   It did nothing to improve safety or safety awareness and was simply mocked (and rightfully so).
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Major_Chuck

As a Safety Officer I am supportive of any effort that is made to promote safety,  however pledges and changing them up every few years I don't feel is an effective program.

I've attended far to many meetings and functions where everyone is  handed a passout with the pledge.  Some know it by heart, most just mumble it along wanting to sit back down.  Others kind of just move their lips like I used to do as a kid in church.

A pledge recited with no enthusiasm by the participant is just lip service.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard