Uniform violations - Ma Blue is cracking down!

Started by AlphaSigOU, June 01, 2009, 06:39:56 PM

Always Ready

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on June 11, 2009, 03:04:42 AM
But you can't walk and use a hands-free device. WTF?

I think the thinking behind that rule is that they don't want anyone thinking a General Officer is talking to him/herself... >:D

Quote from: N Harmon on June 11, 2009, 01:16:05 AM
Quote from: AlphaSigOU on June 11, 2009, 01:07:14 AMIf you wear AF-style uniforms, especially within a USAF installation I would be very aware of AFI 36-2903; remember that the the wear of the AF style uniform by CAP is a privilege.  Ma Blue giveth, Ma Blue can taketh away...

So we should begin telling CAP members to only bring certain color backpacks , cell phones, and umbrellas?

I would, as well as any local SOPs and base policies. It's not fun to be chewed out by a first shirt for not having a reflective belt on at night (this was a few years ago when I was a cadet)....especially when it's your dad's first shirt! :o I got home, asked my dad about it, and I got chewed out again. :'( Know the local rules of any military installation you visit, before you visit!

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: N Harmon on June 10, 2009, 11:24:09 PMDoes AFI-36-2903 apply wholly to Civil Air Patrol members?

CAPM 39-1 says it's the definitive word on CAP uniforms, including the Air Force uniforms worn by CAP members. Unfortunately, CAPM 39-1 is woefully lacking -- and it would be better to scrap it in favor of a supplement to AFI 36-2903 that details CAP's distinctive markings to the Air Force uniforms as well as CAP's civilian combinations.

The Air Force instruction is complete, and includes references to appropriate behavior while in uniform that CAP sorely needs. So while CAPM 39-1 says it's the final word, use it for what it has, but refer to the AFI to fill in the blanks. You'll be a better CAP member for it.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

SAR-EMT1

Shame all bases aren't cracking down.

It would be nice if my Army Guard friends would finally have reason to acknowledge
the USAF is a real military service.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Gunner C

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on June 11, 2009, 04:59:37 AM
Shame all bases aren't cracking down.

It would be nice if my Army Guard friends would finally have reason to acknowledge
the USAF is a real military service.
After all, they're now getting military service credit. (running for cover)  ;D