Main Menu

3 Line Nameplates

Started by cadetnelson, May 22, 2006, 01:26:36 AM

cadetnelson

I'm trying to order a blue plastic cadet 3 line nameplate.  Vanguard doesn't seem to engrave them, they just send them with the firs two lines (Civil Air Patrol; United States Air Force Auxiliary), correct?  Has anyone ordered from www.thehock.com  ?  Theirs seems a bit off color from Vanguard's and I can't find a place a reasonable distance from here to do the engraving locally.

Am I missing something from Vanguard?  Will they do the engraving?  Thanks.
C/Amn Nelson

MIKE

I've heard people are having issues with the engraving on Vanguard nametags.  The ones form The Hock should be fine... My gray one is from The Hock and all the cadets in my unit get their blue ones from them also.
Mike Johnston

cadetnelson

Thanks, it just looked a bit darker blue w/ more yellow writing but if you give it a good review, I'll leave it at that.  :)
C/Amn Nelson

Becks

the hock works, ive ordered both my cadet and senior ones from them and they look great.

BBATW

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Slim

Quote from: Eclipse on May 22, 2006, 03:22:24 AM
http://www.1800nametape.com/cap.htm

I've had very good, recent luck w/ them.

I've had very good luck with them for going on about 15 years now.  Quality product, reasonable prices and shipping, and very fast turn around.

Slim

cadetnelson

Another quick question:  About how long is the turnaround time for Vanguard?  I ordered: 1 flight cap, 2 wing patches, 1 nameplate, and 1 cap device.  Does anyone have a guess for about how long this might take to come in?

Also, when I click on "Your Orders" and I see my order, if I click on "More Info" it shows under Payment "Awaiting Confirmation."  What does this mean?  I used a credit card.  It also says that the order was received above that.  Do they send me an email or something to "activate" the order or do I just wait and it will take care of itself?  Thanks.
C/Amn Nelson

MIKE

My stuff took about a week... This was with the standard shipping.  Since you ordered a nameplate it could take longer.  The "Awaiting Confirmation" thing is because they haven't processed your credit card yet.
Mike Johnston

cadetnelson

Good news for anyone who was wondering about Vanguard engraving the nameplates since they don't have a place to put your name:

My stuff arrived today and my nameplate is engraved.  Simply put "please engrave with (place name here) on nameplate " in the "special instructions box when you are placing the order and they will engrave it ! ! !
C/Amn Nelson

shorning

Quote from: cadetnelson on May 31, 2006, 09:06:12 PM
Good news for anyone who was wondering about Vanguard engraving the nameplates since they don't have a place to put your name:

My stuff arrived today and MY NAMEPLATE IS ENGRAVED.  Simply put "please engrave with (place name here) on nameplate " in the "special instructions box when you are placing the order and they will engrave it ! ! !

By default, I would guess that if you didn't tell them anything, they would use the name of the individual placing the order.  Perhaps that's too logical...

mikeylikey

You have to be kidding me!  I would so cancel my credit card transaction if my nameplate arrived without a name.  I agree with shorning, give these vanguard people some credit, they have been engraving nameplates and making uniform junk for a long time.  However, I do not like the shipping charges.  Does anyone live near the Vanguard East warehouse/factory in Norfolk, VA who would be willing to pick up my order and send it to me?  I will send you a money order for 39 cents.   :D
What's up monkeys?

SKYKING607

Don't forget to have these nameplates made and have on hand for those who forget theirs:

Last name: NOEXCUSESIR
CAWG Career Captain

cadetnelson

C/Amn Nelson

Pylon

Quote from: SKYKING607 on June 01, 2006, 04:14:25 PM
Don't forget to have these nameplates made and have on hand for those who forget theirs:

I recall NYWG using extensively Cadet DUFFLEBAG for the generic cadet name.  I also vaguely recall seeing some DUFFLEBAG nametapes or nametags for cadets who had forgotten or screwed up theirs.

My squadron uses genreic nametags and nametapes with "CADET" in place of the last name.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

alamrcn

Quote from: SKYKING607 on June 01, 2006, 04:14:25 PM

That's awesome! However, I think there's a accent mark somewhere - N'OEXCUSESIR?

- Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

SKYKING607

How'bout:

Last name:     DUH        <- famous response from the Simpsons
CAWG Career Captain

thefischNX01

Capt. Colin Fischer, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Easton Composite Sqdn
Maryland Wing
http://whats-a-flight-officer.blogspot.com/

SKYKING607

CAWG Career Captain

thefischNX01

Capt. Colin Fischer, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Easton Composite Sqdn
Maryland Wing
http://whats-a-flight-officer.blogspot.com/

CAPChap

I've not tried ordering imprinted or engraved things from Vanguard online. I have, however, ordered from them on the phone and via FAX. 

I know for certian they do all their engraving of nametags on site. They do not send them out. Same for the leather nameplates for flight suits, and the blue name tapes. They do the work themselves. I was in their shop yesterday.

Call their 800# and ask to speak with Beth, who is the CAP sales person. She can tell you what you need to do!