Formation: Using "Post" and "Report" question.

Started by docspur, April 07, 2009, 03:48:07 AM

docspur

I've searched on here the proper way in using "Post" & "Report."  I know that I am not doing either correctly when my Squadron is in Formation.  Is there a CAP or USAF guide for this?  I've also tried Googling but not having any luck.

Here is the way I've been using it.  When Squadron is in Formation and I have an honor or award, I call out "Cadet _______, Report!"  When I want them to return to Ranks I say "Return to Ranks."  I really don't think this is correct but know no other way.

Also, do you use the same orders when at a Banquet and giving out awards/honors?

All help is appreciated.

Capt DL Spurlock, Commander
NCR-MO-127 - Trail of Tears Composite Squadron

Group IV Safety Officer
Missouri Wing

jimmydeanno

Quote from: docspur on April 07, 2009, 03:48:07 AM
When Squadron is in Formation and I have an honor or award, I call out "Cadet _______, Report!"  When I want them to return to Ranks I say "Return to Ranks."  I really don't think this is correct but know no other way.

While your squadron is in formation, the correct command is "FRONT AND CENTER."
Quote from: AFM 36-2203
4.7.1. In line formation, when calling individuals out of ranks, the command is (Rank and Last Name), (pause) FRONT AND CENTER. Upon hearing his or her name, the individual assumes the position of attention. On the command FRONT AND CENTER, the individual takes one step backward (with coordinated arm swing), faces to the left or right, proceeds to the closest flank, and then proceeds to the front of the formation by the most direct route. Next, he or she halts one pace in front of and facing the person in command, salutes, and reports as directed.

4.7.2. To direct the individuals return, the command is RETURN TO RANKS. The individual salutes, faces about, and returns by the same route to the same position in the ranks.

The command REPORT is used to tell your subordinate units to report their status.  i.e. number of people in the flight.

However, when you call them "FRONT AND CENTER," the individual would say, "Cadet Snuffy reporting as ordered, SIR."
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill