Basic and Advanced at NESA

Started by Senior, March 22, 2009, 03:41:51 PM

Senior

If a cadet has all the prereq (including GTM3) for the Basic Course can they go to the Advanced Course instead.  On the NESA website it doesn't clearly state that you have to attend the Basic Course.  Anyone who has attended NESA have any info.

Also, is anyone going through St. Louis, MO. to NESA in 2009 that could take 2 cadets?

es_g0d

Which school are you talking about?  NESA is composed of GSAR, ICS, and MAS.

Presumably you mean GSAR.  If so, yes, an individual meeting the prerequisites for any particular course may attend.
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

Nathan

Just need to make sure that the pre-reqs are written down and carried to the activity. I had most of them done and ready to go, but not with me, so I went through the basic course when I went.

I know that I went during the second week, and that during the first week, they were letting some people try to pass the written exam to test out of the basic course. They weren't offering that the second week. Don't know why, but dont count on it.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Angus

Even if you have everything completed if you are able to go for the two weeks I would sugggest doing the first week in basic and the second in advance.  It's good for a review and also to keep you GTM3 current.

I know some people who went to NESA for advanced with everything completed and said they wished they had done basic just for the review. 

Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030