Proof of Past Encampments- Texas Wing

Started by PaulR, March 17, 2009, 12:29:07 AM

PaulR

Does HQ keep records of encampment rosters?  I was a cadet and attended three of them in the late 80s in Texas.  Is there a way to get proof of attendance so that I can wear the ribbon  bar?  I attended three of them.

Regards
Paul

Stonewall

NHQ did not have copies of my 3 encampments so I scanned the certificates and emailed them.

Did you get your Mitchell?  If so, and NHQ has a record of it, that's proof of at least one encampment since it's required for the Mitchell.
Serving since 1987.

JoeTomasone

Hmm.   I just did a Winter encampment as a staff officer, so I have the ribbon for that.  I wonder if I can get credit for my Cadet encampment 25 years ago for that extra little touch of bronze bling...   NY Wing has a scan of the roster for that encampment on the Web.....

Eclipse

As a unit CC I would accept a affidavit to the effect that you attend the encampments.

Its possible your State Director has records at his office (or it predecessor) had to certify them.  Wing might as well.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: JoeTomasone on March 17, 2009, 01:44:53 AM
Hmm.   I just did a Winter encampment as a staff officer, so I have the ribbon for that.  I wonder if I can get credit for my Cadet encampment 25 years ago for that extra little touch of bronze bling...   NY Wing has a scan of the roster for that encampment on the Web....

If the roster is on the web all you should have to do is resend it to NHQ to get the encampment added to your master file.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Since my first two encampments were so long ago, and occurred before my break in service, they weren't in the system. I sent in copies of the orders and certificates and got them added to my online record.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Grumpy

Hmm.   I just did a Winter encampment as a staff officer, so I have the ribbon for that.  I wonder if I can get credit for my Cadet encampment 25 years ago for that extra little touch of bronze bling...   NY Wing has a scan of the roster for that encampment on the Web.....

I sent Nat'l a copy of my PA awarding me the encampment ribbon for attending at Mather AFB in 1961.  They posted it to e-services.

PaulR

Thank you all for the replies.  Due to my many moves, I have lost all of my CAP Cadet stuff, except for my ribbon bar.  I do have my replacement Billy Mitchell Certificate.   So this should suffice for the single ribbon bar?

Thanks again.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Grumpy on March 17, 2009, 06:09:51 PM

I sent Nat'l a copy of my PA awarding me the encampment ribbon for attending at Mather AFB in 1961.  They posted it to e-services.

After first telling me that they wouldn't, they have!

Encampments                     
Location                             Completed
Plattsburgh AFB, NY              01 Aug 1983
CAMP WINONA                     03 Jan 2009

Sweeeeet.

Grumpy

Great, glad to hear it.  Sometimes you just have to push them.

PaulR

Quote from: PaulR on April 02, 2009, 10:33:07 AM
Thank you all for the replies.  Due to my many moves, I have lost all of my CAP Cadet stuff, except for my ribbon bar.  I do have my replacement Billy Mitchell Certificate.   So this should suffice for the single ribbon bar?

Thanks again.

? ;D

IceNine

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Flying Pig

I still have a  t-shirt signed by all of my flight members from 20 years ago.  Its ugly and stained yellow but you can still see the names!  Maybe I could use that as proof? ;D

PaulR

Perhaps, but you could only prove it by putting it on!  If it fits,  you are all set!   :D Hahahahaha

ascorbate

Quote from: SarDragon on March 17, 2009, 05:21:18 AM
Since my first two encampments were so long ago, and occurred before my break in service, they weren't in the system. I sent in copies of the orders and certificates and got them added to my online record.

To whom at CAPNHQ would one direct photocopies of Certificates of Accomplishment(s) from previous encampments to receive credit on my e-Services record?

1975 Maryland Wing Encampment - Pope AFB, NC
1976 Maryland Wing Encampment - Patuxent Naval Air Station, MD
1977 Maryland Wing Encampment - Patuxent Naval Air Station, MD

BTW: Is there a place on e-Services where attendance at IACE is also documented?
Dr. Mark A. Kukucka, Lt Col, CAP
Missions Directorate (A7), MD-001
Carl A. Spaatz Award #569
Gill Robb Wilson Award #3004

SarDragon

Quote from: ascorbate on September 01, 2009, 05:41:04 PM

To whom at CAPNHQ would one direct photocopies of Certificates of Accomplishment(s) from previous encampments to receive credit on my e-Services record?

BTW: Is there a place on e-Services where attendance at IACE is also documented?

I sent my stuff to: jcarroll@capnhq.gov . She got it into the system in about a day.

Snail mail would be attn: Jennifer Carroll.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Daniel

my encampment isn't on my eservices record either.. hmm
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

SarDragon

Well, if you just attended this year, give it a while. It's a mailed form that needs to go through a couiple of other places before it gets to NHQ. Also, there's been some major upheaval at NHQ due to the facilities rehab, so some stuff is taking longer to get into the system.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

IceNine

Quote from: ascorbate on September 01, 2009, 05:41:04 PM

IACE would show up under "cadet training"

And just pass your certificates on to Mrs. Carrol and she'll take care of it.

Usually if its not posted in 72 hours or less she didn't actually receive them. 
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4