Main Menu

AV8OR

Started by flyerthom, March 16, 2009, 09:51:00 PM

flyerthom

TC

Gunner C

$Wow$

I guess for aviation it's to be expected, but that's not chump change - they actually think that folks will pay that much if they're going to use it in the car?  :o

SJFedor

Quote from: Gunner C on March 17, 2009, 01:02:59 AM
$Wow$

I guess for aviation it's to be expected, but that's not chump change - they actually think that folks will pay that much if they're going to use it in the car?  :o

Well, when we have flying cars (Since, in Back to the Future, hovercars were in full use by 2015, and we're almost there!) then we'll be all set!

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Gunner C

Quote from: SJFedor on March 17, 2009, 01:30:59 AM
$Wow$

Well, when we have flying cars (Since, in Back to the Future, hovercars were in full use by 2015, and we're almost there!) then we'll be all set!
I've got a Delorean in my sights. Should work well.  ;D

JGremlin

$Wow$

I think folks will focus more on the fact that it has XM weather capability for under $1000 and consider the auto mode to be bonus.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see now that you need a seperate $400 XM reciever to add weather capability. That puts you right back up to the same price range as a Garmin 396 that has everything built in.

SilverEagle2

Nah...I'll stick with my 496 thanks. Looks pretty though.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

♠SARKID♠

Its actually a good deal the way I see it.  The most expensive Garmin Nuvi is $800 and only does street nav, so at $750 for street/air + all the other gizmos your getting over twice the bang for the buck.  YMMV.