IMU Setup errors

Started by addo1, February 19, 2009, 11:56:03 PM

addo1

Ok, so this afternoon, I was trying to set up the IMU system on my computer so I can get used to how it works. I needed a framework, so I was installing the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5. It started to setup for a couple minutes then gave me a completely blank screen without any options that said setup error. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and what I could do to fix it? Thanks.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Rotorhead

Don't know if we're using the same versions of IMU, but I was told I needed to use .Net 1.1--no later than that, or it wouldn't work.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

Short Field

Yes - it has to be framework 1.1.  It can be hard to find on the Microsoft website since it has been replaced by version 2 and version 3.

Here is a link to it:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

Hope that helps.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Short Field

Is your wing starting to use the IMU?  You need to be careful when you set it up so you don't screw up a wing database.

There are five (5) modes - they are listed on the first screen you will see - the IMU Setup screen.  If you are just setting it up to learn it, then select the Local mode.  You will also need to go to the WMU and download a wing IMU database.  As long as you are in Local mode and have your own downloaded IMU database, you can't mess up anything and can practice to your heart's content.  Any other mode can make you famous real quick.   :D
Wilson #2640

addo1

Thanks guys. That helped. It took the earlier version and is working... Now, all I am waiting for is permissions to download the database.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Short Field

The IMU database can be downloaded through the WMU.  You need to register to download the database and must currently be qualified in at least one of the following qualifications:
IC1, IC2, IC3, AL1, AL2, AL3, OSC, PSC, LSC, FASC, GBD, AOBD, or CUL

If you don't hold one of these quals, then you must obtain your wing database from a registered user.   Last time I checked, our wing database was about 3.5 Mb so it is not that hard to copy and move between computers.
Wilson #2640