20K road marches are no fun.

Started by RogueLeader, February 18, 2009, 02:10:46 PM

RogueLeader

I take rucking serious because we never know how far we may have to go to get to a crash site.  Even though the specifics are on how to be better at my Army training, the benits are to my CAP advantage as well.  I remember in my GT school, we had to ruck as well.  Not quite the 20k, but to those who are not used to rucking can get a use out of this as well, provided they are willing to do it.

Also, my hip joints have been grating the entire time I rucked.  Is there anything I can do to help that?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Gunner C

You can either stop now or you can wait until you need two hip replacements. BTW, I don't think that CAP will pay for that.  ;D

RogueLeader

Quote from: Gunner C on February 19, 2009, 06:08:53 PM
You can either stop now or you can wait until you need two hip replacements. BTW, I don't think that CAP will pay for that.  ;D

Army would. If I could make the case that it was the cause.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Gunner C

Quote from: RogueLeader on February 19, 2009, 10:41:55 PM
Quote from: Gunner C on February 19, 2009, 06:08:53 PM

Army would. If I could make the case that it was the cause.
Have you seen the orthopods at Womack?  "To Cut Is To Cure" is their motto.  True, they do more orthopaedic work than anyone else in the world, but they also have students doing the surgery.  That's why I've waited until a year ago to start my "body work."   :o