Soon to come or Spring Encampments

Started by Philipp Mohrhardt, February 04, 2009, 06:37:24 AM

Philipp Mohrhardt

Are there any encampents that are going on in the next couple months (before spring) near nevada or in the midwest, or in the pacific region?
If not what are the type of encampments I can go to during spring? and is there any chance I can have CAP pay for my flight? I really need to promote past chief master sgt. 

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Nathan

That's kind of a tough time for most wings to hold an encampment, what with school and all...

Unless you're wanting to go out a ways, your best bet might be to get one during early summer.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Eclipse

Illinois Wing Spring Encampment at Great Lakes in April: http://encampment.group22.net

Love to have you, however we have no budget for airfare, nor can we transport from the airport.

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

Quote from: Philipp Mohrhardt on February 04, 2009, 06:37:24 AM
I really need to promote past chief master sgt. 
Out of curiousity, is there a reason you need to promote so urgently, i.e. age, etc?

If not, I understand your enthusiasm, but what is wrong with waiting to go to a local encampment in June or July?

The few extra months as a C/CMSgt won't hurt you, at the very least it will make you a better, more experienced cadet officer.

But, if it is an age consideration or something else I'm not thinking of, Illinois is closer to you than RI. I doubt that CAP will pay for your airfare, but if you do some looking around you might find a business or organization in your area that is willing to sponsor you.