Main Menu

Equal Opportunity Training

Started by Senior, January 30, 2009, 03:38:50 PM

RogueLeader

Quote from: flyguync on January 31, 2009, 12:19:16 AM
Has anyone else had to copy / paste the agree link into the address box for it to be accepted.   

I do hope they have an e-services submission for this as they do for the OPSEC briefing. That would make life much easier especially for squadrons with "older" members.

Sure did, it didn't work.

I do too.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

a2capt

I think I'll just fix the PPT and send it back to NHQ. ;-)

I told members of my unit to change EOTraining to Agree and enter it after looking at the slides. 

Does anyone want to try and disagree to see if they get tracked down? ;-)

flyguync

I had to save the PPT and open it in PP Pro, then copied and pasted the url it into another window. It worked for me as I just checked e-services and it has been posted.

Better watch out on disagreeing or those black vans & the Public Trust TF will follow & harass you.

Major Lord

As I understand the DOD non-discrimination policy, we (CAP) are prevented from assisting organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, disability (fomerly handicap- another piece of PC-BS) and a number of other protected groups. Did anyone call the Air Force and tell them we can't help them out anymore?  

Sweet mother of Buddha! I just hope that the non-discrimination Czar at National is not a paid position.... please god, don't let them pull another NASCAR with our dues money!

And yes, I could not make the "I agree" button do anything either. You probably have to have a MAC that runs on granola to make it work.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

dwb

Interesting that they've completely removed the IGs from this process.  Get an EEO complaint, forward it directly to NHQ.  Not even a complaint analysis is allowed.

Grumpy

Quote from: flyguync on January 31, 2009, 12:19:16 AM
Has anyone else had to copy / paste the agree link into the address box for it to be accepted.   

I do hope they have an e-services submission for this as they do for the OPSEC briefing. That would make life much easier especially for squadrons with "older" members.

Three of us in my squadron had to make the change too.  But we got 'er done.

Johnny Yuma

NHQ's new EEO training offends me.

I was taught not to discriminate from a very early age. Now NHQ's handwringers leave me with the perception that I'm too stupid not to discriminate. Where so i go to file an EEO complaint against them? >:D >:D >:D
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

RogueLeader

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on January 31, 2009, 02:37:17 AM

I was taught not to discriminate from a very early age. Now NHQ's handwringers are suggesting that I don't know any better unless THEY train ME.

Where so i go to file an EEO complaint against them? >:D >:D >:D

Same place where you complain that you've been cheated by the Better Business Bureau
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

arajca

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on January 31, 2009, 02:37:17 AM

I was taught not to discriminate from a very early age. Now NHQ's handwringers leave me with the perception that I'm too stupid not to discriminate. Where so i go to file an EEO complaint against them? >:D >:D >:D
As mentioned elsewhere, it's corporate CYA. Companies have lost lawsuits becuase they assumed their employees knew about EO. When things went wrong, employees who were disciplined for violating EEO policies only had to prove they were not trained/briefed on the policies and they had a legimate case. All the company has to do is show proof that that the employee was trained/briefed.

I've lost count of how many EEO classes/briefings/presentations I've sat through. It gets REAL irritating when the company decides to "re-educate" everyone because some bottom-rung seasonal help didn't remember enough about the policy when they were questioned by the EEO staff while working in a fast moving, guest service environment.

davedove

Okay, I've got a problem.  I took the training yesterday morning and clicked the I Agree link and everything seemed to work okay.  However, it has not shown up on my training record.  Yet, if I try to go back into the training, it tells me I already completed it.

Why isn't it showing up on my record? >:(
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

DogCollar

Quote from: davedove on February 04, 2009, 01:40:35 PM
Okay, I've got a problem.  I took the training yesterday morning and clicked the I Agree link and everything seemed to work okay.  However, it has not shown up on my training record.  Yet, if I try to go back into the training, it tells me I already completed it.

When I did it last week there was a good 24 hr delay before it posted.  It might be worse now as more people are completing the requirement.  Keep checking.
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

gistek

If it doesn't show up after a day or two, send a request up your PDO chain to have someone look into it.

davedove

Quote from: DogCollar on February 04, 2009, 01:47:01 PM
Quote from: davedove on February 04, 2009, 01:40:35 PM

When I did it last week there was a good 24 hr delay before it posted.  It might be worse now as more people are completing the requirement.  Keep checking.

It did finally register.  I completed the training on Tuesday and it was posted sometime over the weekend.  So, anyone taking the training, be aware that it might take a few days to post.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Chicago_Pilot

Pretty straight forward and easy.

LtCol057

I took it a couple days ago, and it showed up on my record within about 5 minutes.  But give it time before either they decide we don't have to do it or the website gets messed up again.

RiverAux

Got this letter through the chain today.  Interesting that there is no mention of the online training or that it is a requirement.  Whats up with that?

EMT-83

The training requirement is included in the recent update of the regulation. Paragraph 3 says you must be aware of and adhere to the policy. Sounds to me like it's covered.

This memo looks like a good SUI compliance item. Post the memo in the squadron, refer to it in the SUI documentation, and make sure everyone is up to date with the training. That's the plan for my inspection next month.

Eclipse

Quote from: EMT-83 on February 18, 2009, 12:55:46 PM
The training requirement is included in the recent update of the regulation. Paragraph 3 says you must be aware of and adhere to the policy. Sounds to me like it's covered.

This memo looks like a good SUI compliance item. Post the memo in the squadron, refer to it in the SUI documentation, and make sure everyone is up to date with the training. That's the plan for my inspection next month.

I've no issue with using an SUI as leverage to get it done, but it wouldn't be an inspection item until the guide is updated, correct?

Also, there's still no report specific to the training, does it appear on any other master report?

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

The Commanders tab E1 in the SUI guide (Jan 08 version) asks about nondiscrimination policy compliance.

I don't believe that there is a master report available, I log it on the member's 45b.

RiverAux

My point was that if you were going to send out a memo to all CAP members it would make a lot of sense to specifically mention this new requirement at the same time.