Main Menu

Equal Opportunity Training

Started by Senior, January 30, 2009, 03:38:50 PM

Senior

I just received an email that EO Training is available on line.  Is this something new or has this been in the works for a while?  Is this mandatory for membership?  I haven't had time to look at the link.
Thanks

Eclipse

Its mentioned in the "more hoops" thread

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=7102.0

Appears to be mandatory for all senior members.

Could you post the link, please?

"That Others May Zoom"

DogCollar

I think it is new and it is mandatory for all senior members.  I did it yesterday.  Essentially all it is is a 15 minute slide presentation.  At the end you are asked whether or not you agree with the content.  At the beginning you give your CAPID and that logs you in.  It wasn't bad.
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

Flying Pig

Oh good grief Charlie Brown.  Nothing like checking some more useless boxes.  Who are the idiots who come up with this crap?  Yes.....idiots.

PHall

Welcome to Air Force style Computer Based Training.

flyguy06

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 30, 2009, 04:37:51 PM
Oh good grief Charlie Brown.  Nothing like checking some more useless boxes.  Who are the idiots who come up with this crap?  Yes.....idiots.
Thanks Flying Pig for saying equal opportunity is useless. I however disagree.

Flying Pig

I knew you would.  Get over it.  I have had this stuff crammed down my throat for years and Im sick of it.

flyguy06

RogueLeader

Saying that EO is useless.

all this really does is ley us know that we have a new reg, and the gist of what it covers, and what it doesn't.  As if we can't read regs . .  :clap: . . .BZ
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Here's the link: https://tests.cap.af.mil/EO_Training/EOTraining.cfm

Took me all of 10 minutes and I actually learned a couple things.

"That Others May Zoom"

flyguy06

oh,ok. thakns for the clarification. I wasnt sure for a minute there

Eclipse

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 30, 2009, 05:14:05 PM
I knew you would.  Get over it.  I have had this stuff crammed down my throat for years and Im sick of it.

As a part-time state employee where Elvis was just impeached, for the last several years we've had to take an online ethics course specifically geared towards preventing you from accepting compensation of any type in kind for special consideration connected to your duties (i.e. bribes).  Making everyone take the courses, even part-timers and contractors, was specifically mandated by Elvis' office - which is quite humorous in hindsight.   :D

Its all part of the game in being connected to a government organization.

"That Others May Zoom"

davedove

Quote from: Eclipse on January 30, 2009, 05:29:20 PM

Where did you find that link?  I would like to be able to show my squadron how to find the link, rather than just give it to them.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Ricochet13

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 30, 2009, 04:37:51 PM

Careful now!  The sleek black vans were only placed in storage.  Criticism like this will get them rolling again!!!   >:D

That having been said. ditto ditto ditto!!!!!  They can't get us all!!!   ;D   (hummm, or can they!?)

Eclipse

Quote from: davedove on January 30, 2009, 05:58:28 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on January 30, 2009, 05:29:20 PM

Where did you find that link?  I would like to be able to show my squadron how to find the link, rather than just give it to them.

Someone else posted it in the "more hoops" thread.  I've already got a number of my guys who have done it - trying to get a head start on the season.    :D

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

And hang on everyone.

This is going to be an annual requirment...as per the slides.  ;D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on January 30, 2009, 06:54:31 PM
And hang on everyone.

This is going to be an annual requirement...as per the slides.  ;D

I saw that, but I read that as CC's still having to do an annual "let's all play nice" session, as is currently required, not the online deal. 

Someone should hack together an annual roll-up of all the online stuff and we could take it in one sitting.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

There does not appear to be a report yet to track compliance, but it has already shown up in my eServices training records.

"That Others May Zoom"

Grumpy

Quote from: Eclipse on January 30, 2009, 07:42:19 PM
There does not appear to be a report yet to track compliance, but it has already shown up in my eServices training records.

Give 'em time, give 'em time.

flyguync

Has anyone else had to copy / paste the agree link into the address box for it to be accepted.   

I do hope they have an e-services submission for this as they do for the OPSEC briefing. That would make life much easier especially for squadrons with "older" members.