More hoops to jump through.

Started by davidsinn, January 27, 2009, 05:02:54 PM

davidsinn

This little nugget was added to R36-1 Nondiscrimination policy
Quotee. The EOO will cause an independent, on-line Equal Opportunity Training (EOT) program to be accessible through the NHQ CAP website. All active senior members (to include cadet sponsor, life and 50-year members) shall complete this on-line EOT program.

Just what I need: more things that I have to drag my people through. It's enough of a pain to get things done as it is.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

davedove

It's one of the hazards of being associated with the government.  I work as a civilian for the Army and we have about ten classes that we must complete EACH YEAR.  A one time requirement would be nice.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

FW

Welcome to the 21st Century.  Expect this at work, at play and, soon, at home  >:D

jimmydeanno

The one thing that I don't understand is why these things need to be addressed by every single senior member.  Even in my "corporate job" only our managers, etc are required to complete these things - and only once upon employment.

All of us upon starting our job had to take sexual harassment, which was a 20 minute online powerpoint with an acknowledgement at the end.

So why don't we say, "If you want to be a squadron commander, before you get the job you need to do these....?"

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

RiverAux

Great, we still don't have online tests for much of the basic knowlege associated with several of our ES specialties (for the tasks where online quizes would be appropriate) but we're going to waste time developing something like this.

lordmonar

Take a look at the "don't ask don't tell" and the "CPPT: Females required when female cadets are present" theads and tell me we can't use a little EEO training.

As fore the ES specialties tests.....have you volunteered to write those tests?  We do the thing we have to do to fix things as the come up.

If you want something else....volunteer and do it.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RiverAux

Unfortunately, I've determined that most of the time CAP NHQ and many Wing Commanders are not really interested in people from the field suggesting changes even when those suggestions are accompanied by offers to help.  Get rebuffed with scorn enough times and you tend to not be interested in getting another helping. 

Larry Mangum

As the PCR representative on the national ES committee, I am always open to idea's from members in regards to ways to improve Emergency Services training.  That is why even though I do not post that much on this board, I read it daily in an attempt to gather information as to issues that concern the membership.

In the past I have attempted to solicit ideas from members of this board via private email.  If you have a proposal for improving ES or something that should be changed either in the regulation or SQTR, now is a good time to do so, as the committee is currently in the process of rewriting both the regulation (CAPR60-3), the SQTR's and CAP/USAF 12.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

stratoflyer

It's all CAP CYA stuff.

I just received an email, read the slides, and clicked the I Agree button.

Done. No biggie.

Fact is, it sure reminded me of OPSEC.
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

Grumpy

Quote from: stratoflyer on January 30, 2009, 06:12:01 AM
It's all CAP CYA stuff.

I just received an email, read the slides, and clicked the I Agree button.

Done. No biggie.

Fact is, it sure reminded me of OPSEC.

How did you get it to accept your response?  I jumped through the hoops to get into the site, read it and clicked on the Agree button.  It wouldn't record my response.

hatentx

I just did mine at it really only took 5 minutes.  Nothing any different that what was covered in any other EO briefing I have been in.

stratoflyer

I clicked on the link and the first thing it asked after opening the page was my last name and CAP ID. Then I clicked on the presentation link and at the end of the show there's a button. I clicked the one on the left labeled "I Agree" (I wonder what the other one does) and that was that. I got a page that says HE AGREES! PRAISE BE!

But THEN I immediately went into eservices and I looked into my training section to see if it's there and it appears as EOO.

https://tests.cap.af.mil/EO_Training/Index.cfm

That's the link just in case.
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

Eeyore

Unfortunately the "I Agree" link is not compatible with either Macs in general, Safari or PPT for Mac 2008.

I had to type in the link that "I Agree" goes to by hand in my browser, but that worked. :)

Grumpy

Quote from: edmo1 on January 30, 2009, 05:12:52 PM
Unfortunately the "I Agree" link is not compatible with either Macs in general, Safari or PPT for Mac 2008.

I had to type in the link that "I Agree" goes to by hand in my browser, but that worked. :)

I have a PC with Office XP but it wouldn't take.   Fortunately, I have an IT guy in my squadron that is much smarter than I am when it comes to computers.  He did the same thing you described and then talked me through it.  Now it's on to the rest of the squadron.  Onward and Upward!

Ricochet13

I am so tired of dealing with this issue.   Talk about equal opportunity.  Astonishing that a multi-million dollar organization can't find, hire, acquire, assemble, in some way the expertise to understand cross browser compatibility.

Thank heavens FEMA does!   

I'm ranting now . . . been a very rough three weeks with the online testing in the squadron, but leadership at several levels seems to have become hypnotised by technology and online testing. 

I'm even sure in another year or two, even squadron meetings will be completed online!

All Power to the Powerpoint!!!   >:D   Hail online testing!!!!!

There!   I feel better now.   ;D   If this had been an actual emergency you would have been directed online to a powerpoint and test.

Rant off.

Grumpy

Quote from: Ricochet13 on January 30, 2009, 06:16:44 PM

I am so tired of dealing with this issue.   Talk about equal opportunity.  Astonishing that a multi-million dollar organization can't find, hire, acquire, assemble, in some way the expertise to understand cross browser compatibility.

Thank heavens FEMA does!   

I'm ranting now . . . been a very rough three weeks with the online testing in the squadron, but leadership at several levels seems to have become hypnotised by technology and online testing. 

I'm even sure in another year or two, even squadron meetings will be completed online!

All Power to the Powerpoint!!!   >:D   Hail online testing!!!!!

There!   I feel better now.   ;D   If this had been an actual emergency you would have been directed online to a powerpoint and test.

Rant off.

:clap: :clap: :clap: ;D ;D ;D

Rotorhead

Haven't been able to get it to work in Vista, either.

But I can edit the PPT...
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

jimmydeanno

Not sure what the issue is.

1) Log onto site.
2) Download the PPT slides.
3) View the PPT as a slideshow
4) When you reach the last slide, click the "I agree" hyperlink.
5) Website tells you that "You Agree!"
6) OE shows up on training tab of record.

Note that if you just read through the slides without actually running the slideshow you can click the link all you want and it won't take you anywhere.  In that case you have to hold down "CTRL" and click the link at the same time.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Ricochet13

Having gone through the presentation for the 5th time the only statement I get when clicking the I AGREE BUTTON IS "Cannot locate the internet server or proxy server"

I did however take time at last night's squadron meeting to brief on Equal Opportunity giving command emphasis on what I think is an important principle for any organization.

Now, which method (power point or face-to-face) is going to have a more lasting effect on attitudes?  And if the answer is Powerpoint, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

davidsinn

I took it last night but was unable to post to here do to the upgrade. What I want to know is: Can we do mass briefings and then upload a list of CAPIDs after the fact? If so, how? Getting my people to take online training is like herding cats. Some won't unless you physically sit them down to so it. Others can't because of lack of internet connectivity. The best way would be to use a form 11 like you would do with CPPT.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn