Questions regarding ohio wing packing list.

Started by Hoorah, January 19, 2009, 08:02:22 PM

Hoorah

1. I was wondering what this was please explain what this D+C Manual is.
2. What is a AF style BDU cover and where would could I buy one at.
3. Can you take your Civil Air Patrol binder with you that has the required paperwork and materials in the binder.
???                             ???                                 ???            ???     

Stonewall

D&C manual:  Drill and Ceremonies.

AF style BDU cover:  the camouflage hat that you wear with your BDUs.

Don't quite understand your last question.  If it doesn't say you can bring something, don't bring it.
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

1) Probably AFMAN 36-2203 http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/AFMAN_362203_Air_Force_Drill__Cerem_A27E4A9217B19.pdf

2) The standard CAP to be worn with your BDU's as per CAPR 39-1.

3) No idea, but most encampments don't want you to bring that kind of thing unless specified in the list.

Regardless, I guarantee 100% that you will get a quicker, more correct response by using the links on this web page:
http://ohwgencampment.googlepages.com/contact_us  than asking the question here.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAPLAW

Cadet Williams, Do you  have a Deputy Commander for Cadets at your Squadron?

SM-MADDOG

Pre encampments? Do any of your groups hold a pre encampment. We held one last year. I think they also had one the year before. Not a bad idea gets the cadets ready for encampment.

2nd Lt, CAP

Pumbaa

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on January 19, 2009, 08:02:22 PM
3. Can you take your Civil Air Patrol binder with you that has the required paperwork and materials in the binder.

Dude is your name Forrest Gump?

I'm wondering if you are for real....

Hoorah

The answer's to the question's are as followed.
1 Drill and ceremonies manuel,
2. Bdu cover not a hat.
3. Yes you can take the binder with you.

Pumbaa

So why are you answering your own questions...

kid quit jerking our chains.

Rotorhead

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on January 26, 2009, 12:21:35 AM
2. Bdu cover not a hat.

What does this mean? A BDU cover IS a hat.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

RogueLeader

Quote from: Rotorhead on January 26, 2009, 12:53:14 AM
2. Bdu cover not a hat.

Incoorect Sir.
CAPM 39-1 Figure 2-26 specifically calls is a BDU Cap.

[soapbox]
Normally, a hat can be worn in any such manner as the wearer so desires.  A "cover" Patrol Cap" or a "BDU Cap" is to be worn in the manner as proscribed IAW all relevant Regulations and/or manuals.

I can take my cover and wear it as a hat by wearing backwards //shudders//  A cover can be a hat, but does not mean that it is.

[/soapbox]
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Rotorhead

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 26, 2009, 01:33:22 AM
2. Bdu cover not a hat.

Incoorect Sir.

[soapbox]
Normally, a hat can be worn in any such manner as the wearer so desires.  A "cover" Patrol Cap" or a "BDU Cap" is to be worn in the manner as proscribed IAW all relevant Regulations and/or manuals.

I can take my cover and wear it as a hat by wearing backwards //shudders//  A cover can be a hat, but does not mean that it is.

[/soapbox]
Aw, come on.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott, AZ

DC

Quote from: Rotorhead on January 26, 2009, 02:13:30 AM
2. Bdu cover not a hat.

Incoorect Sir.

[soapbox]

[/soapbox]
Aw, come on.
Hat, cap, cover, headgear, whatever, we all know what it is, there is no need to be that semantical.

And seriously, lay off Williams, while some of his questions may seem kind of stupid, at least he is asking and demonstrating a desire to learn. I have known cadets that simply didn't care, he is at least trying. We should be supporting him and helping him, not putting him down for his desire to learn from the wealth of CAP knowledge and experience that visits this forum every day.

[/soapbox]

JoeTomasone

And since his desire is to learn, we should point out that an AF-Style BDU cover differs from a Marine Corps BDU cover, and not to get the wrong one.

MIKE

Bangs head on keyboard *

Please stop calling it a cover. [/frustration]
Mike Johnston

PA Guy

QuoteHat, cap, cover, headgear, whatever, we all know what it is, there is no need to be that semantical.

Amen.  If I write an official document or teach a class and use the term cover, shame on me.  If I use the term cover in an unofficial forum such as this or in an informal conversation, just get over it.

BuckeyeDEJ

Hey, Williams, what squadron are you in?

You should be able to ask questions at your local squadron first -- and come here if you're still fuzzy. You'll get the answers here, of course, but the first place to ask is at your squadron.

The best place to look is the regulations, and I STRONGLY suggest you familiarize yourself with them. They're your friends. As far as you're concerned, they're what govern CAP. Live by them and you'll never go wrong.

Got it?  ;D

Oh, and... GO BUCKEYES!

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

RogueLeader

Quote from: MIKE on January 26, 2009, 07:33:28 PM
Bangs head on keyboard *

Please stop calling it a cover. [/frustration]

Fine, I'll call it a PC: Patrol Cap.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

BGNightfall

And to tag along with the instructional purposes, not only is the "Marine" style 8-point BDU cap different from the AF style BDU cap, but there are some places that also sell BDU pattern baseball caps.  This could be what is meant by "BDU cover not a hat". 

JayT

Quote from: BGNightfall on January 27, 2009, 04:44:46 AM
And to tag along with the instructional purposes, not only is the "Marine" style 8-point BDU cap different from the AF style BDU cap, but there are some places that also sell BDU pattern baseball caps.  This could be what is meant by "BDU cover not a hat". 

It's still not a 'BDU cover.'
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Senior

In the Army it was called a cover. 
I think the Air Force wears baseball caps :o ;) ;D (Go Zoomies)
If you call it a patrol cap then you have to have a BDU nametape sewn on
the back of the hat.  Luminous cateyes and the newer IR strips.  The IR
strips are similar to cateyes.  You may want to put a glint patch on the inside of the hat also.  Of course this is how we did it in the Army. :clap: ;)

BuckeyeDEJ

Since there's confusion around CAP, let's look at the real authority, AFI 36-2903, "Dress and Personal Appearance of Air Force Personnel."

Page 32, "Men's and Women's Headgear," refers to a service cap, a flight cap, a BDU cap and an organizational baseball cap. The matrix on page 54 also refers to a watch cap and a blue winter cap.

So that's caps, not covers -- so says our parent.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

RogueLeader

So says our own:

Incoorect Sir.

[soapbox]

[/soapbox]
My point still stands.

"cover is not as good as "BDU Cap" but better than <shudders> hat.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Rotorhead

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 27, 2009, 11:43:26 PM
So says our own:

Incoorect Sir.

[soapbox]

[/soapbox]
My point still stands.

"cover is not as good as "BDU Cap" but better than <shudders> hat.

A Hat is, by defintion:

1.  A covering for the head, especially one with a shaped crown and brim.
a. A head covering of distinctive color and shape worn as a symbol of office.
b. The office symbolized by the wearing of such a head covering.

3. A role or office symbolized by or as if by the wearing of different hats

I'm sorry you don't happen to like the word, but it is what it is, regardless.

And a "BDU cover" is a hat, whether you like it or not.

I can't believe we have to have this argument.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott, AZ

DC

I can't believe this has gone on this long without MIKE locking it...

RogueLeader

Quote from: DC on January 28, 2009, 12:59:57 AM
I can't believe this has gone on this long without MIKE locking it...

I was going to go one more, then decided to be good, but you're right.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340