Senior

;)MARINES never quite learned how to properly roll the sleeves(camo in,
non camo side out ???) up on said UTILITIES!!!! :-*
HE!HE!HE!

Flying Pig

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on January 19, 2009, 09:14:40 PM
Quote from: NHQ-OS-126 Frank on January 19, 2009, 08:45:50 PM
It would be good if the ABU's would be approved soon. Since the base clothing sales doesn't have any BDU's anymore and only ABU's we really have had troubles getting BDU's for the new cadets.

Should read:

Since the Air Force base clothing sales doesn't have any BDU's anymore and only ABU's we really have had troubles getting BDU's for the new cadets.

[broken record]
As to getting BDU's for cadets, if you're buying them anyway there are plenty of retail and online sources.
[/broken record]

Don't hold your breath for ABUs, it'll be 2-3 years guaranteed, but at least by then there may be some in the DRMO and secondary channel which is nearly non-existent today.

Bob, he's in GERMANY and the local AF Base is his only local uniform source.

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on January 20, 2009, 01:57:44 AM
Bob, he's in GERMANY and the local AF Base is his only local uniform source.

Last I checked, they get the internet in Germany, though with international shipping restrictions that may be a legit issue.

I sympathize, but seriously doubt that NHQ is going to make uniform policy based on the few international units with special circumstances.

"That Others May Zoom"

badger bob

The Woodland BDU ban has been rescinded. CAP is authorized only to withdraw Woodland BDU's in condition code "A" or "B" from the DRMO which are new (new-in-the-box) condition or like new(un-issued). Any used, worn or previously issued uniforms will be shipped for destruction by DRMO.

We are working with the DRMS-DRMO to add all the available Woodland BDU NSN numbers to the CAP screeners website. Hopefully this will be operational and available within the nest few weeks.

Withdrawals from the DRMO go through the CAP electronic screening system
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

majdomke

Quote from: Senior on January 20, 2009, 01:50:44 AM
HE!HE!HE!
FWIW - I trained with Marines while in the AF back in 86-87 and they wore their BDU's rolled with camo out. No idea why they changed it. (probably because the AF mimicked them)

PHall

Quote from: Lt Domke on August 18, 2009, 10:19:54 PM
Quote from: Senior on January 20, 2009, 01:50:44 AM
HE!HE!HE!
FWIW - I trained with Marines while in the AF back in 86-87 and they wore their BDU's rolled with camo out. No idea why they changed it. (probably because the AF mimicked them)

No, the Air Force copied the Army. Try again! >:D

Airrace

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on January 19, 2009, 02:31:59 PM
Quote from: Al Sayre on January 19, 2009, 01:26:23 PM
Ya'll seem to have missed part of the memo on BDU's.  If you get them from DRMO, then you have to track them and ensure that they are returned to DRMO when they become unserviceable.  I don't kknow about you, but I don't look forward to a day when Cadet Dirtbag who joined six months ago decides to quit by just disappearing from the face of the earth.  I will have to file a theft report with the local sheriff to get the uniforms back because he didn't/won't return my phone calls or the uniforms that I have to account for.  This isn't going to be a real good PR move...

You are right, Al, this is a war-stopper.

First, the number of decent BDU's we will get will be small, and if we have to write a report of survey for every shirt and pair of pants that we lose to a cadet who drops out, we will be swamped with paperwork.

Also, in March the NB may approve LtCol White's re-write of 39-1, and we may start phasing in ABU's either this year or next.

Al, you are right. It's to bad that we live in a society that prevents good thinks like this just because of one bad apple.

You are better off contacting a dry cleaners near a military base and see if you can get the BDU's that nobody comes back to claim.

badger bob

Quote from: Airrace on August 19, 2009, 02:27:00 PM
Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on January 19, 2009, 02:31:59 PM
Quote from: Al Sayre on January 19, 2009, 01:26:23 PM
Ya'll seem to have missed part of the memo on BDU's.  If you get them from DRMO, then you have to track them and ensure that they are returned to DRMO when they become unserviceable.  I don't kknow about you, but I don't look forward to a day when Cadet Dirtbag who joined six months ago decides to quit by just disappearing from the face of the earth.  I will have to file a theft report with the local sheriff to get the uniforms back because he didn't/won't return my phone calls or the uniforms that I have to account for.  This isn't going to be a real good PR move...

You are right, Al, this is a war-stopper.

First, the number of decent BDU's we will get will be small, and if we have to write a report of survey for every shirt and pair of pants that we lose to a cadet who drops out, we will be swamped with paperwork.

Also, in March the NB may approve LtCol White's re-write of 39-1, and we may start phasing in ABU's either this year or next.

Al, you are right. It's to bad that we live in a society that prevents good thinks like this just because of one bad apple.

You are better off contacting a dry cleaners near a military base and see if you can get the BDU's that nobody comes back to claim.

The new CAPR 174-1 will require that expendable issues be tracked- which will be a online issue to a member. Local staff should document an effort to retrieve property from a seperated member, however documentation of a good faith effort will be sufficient for a expendable item. This is actually a carryover from the current regulations, however not as clearly written in 67-1.

Currently, CAP is allowed to requisition BDU's from the DRMO in Federal Condition "A" or "B" which are basically new-in-the-box or new-out of-the-box condition.
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

jeancalvinus

True, they wear cammies. But that rhymes with jammies...

pixelwonk

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: jeancalvinus on August 26, 2009, 05:50:05 PM

Never saw a pair with feet, though.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

coolkites

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on August 26, 2009, 10:13:22 PM
Quote from: jeancalvinus on August 26, 2009, 05:50:05 PM

Never saw a pair with feet, though.

unfortunattely I have.  ;D ??? ;D ???

majdomke

Hearing the good news that we could now screen BDU's through DRMO I immediatly contacted my group LG. The response we got back from wing LG was "We are restricted from screening from DRMO at present". What happened? I thought we were in the clear. My supply of BDU's is drying up.

badger bob

Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

M.S.

Quote from: Lt Domke on August 27, 2009, 06:19:44 PM
Hearing the good news that we could now screen BDU's through DRMO I immediatly contacted my group LG. The response we got back from wing LG was "We are restricted from screening from DRMO at present". What happened? I thought we were in the clear. My supply of BDU's is drying up.

You got a response?  Hah! we are told in our wing that DRMO screening is for wings use. Group's logistics officer, when he actually materializes, claims to have no DRMO screening abilities.

And basically, even if you can find a pallet of BDUs or whatever you want, it's all on a "pickup only" basis right?  So you would need to be located near a DRMO depot to really take advantage of the system, right?

Spike

^ Correct!

Most items are taken by "Gov't Liquidation" INC., the day they are put into the DRMO tracking system.  GL INC has exclusive "first grab" rights to all DRMO material. 

The system is totally not fair for organizations like CAP. 

I would not even rely on DRMO! 

majdomke

Luckily we are located at a supply depot with DRMO and Gov't Liquidators on site. My issue is just getting the chance to get them. Gov't Liquidators can't even touch uniform such as BDU's, trust me I've looked.

badger bob

Quote from: Spike on August 28, 2009, 12:15:08 AM
^ Correct!

Most items are taken by "Gov't Liquidation" INC., the day they are put into the DRMO tracking system.  GL INC has exclusive "first grab" rights to all DRMO material. 

The system is totally not fair for organizations like CAP. 

I would not even rely on DRMO!

CAP has a DOD priority for screening from the DRMO. DOD authorized agencies have the exclusive authority to screen the first two weeks a surplus item is turned into the DRMO. After  DOD agencies pass on items, other federal agencie have an exclusive GSA priority. Only if no federal agency requests items- the renmainder is turned over to public sales) Gov Liquidation.
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

Spike

^ My mistake.  Every time I walked into DRMO I always saw the yellow GOV LIQ stickers, and was misinformed by a person who worked there. 

If this is the case (and I trust you) I will start looking for items again! 

When do you suggest the best time to go on line and look for items?  Or is that really not a factor as items are added as they come in??  Or are they added on a certain day of the month??

Thanks!