Main Menu

Oldest CAP Member

Started by alexalvarez, March 27, 2006, 03:33:37 AM

alexalvarez

Does anyone know what is the age of the oldest CAP member?
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

thefischNX01

back in NJ wing there was a guy who was still authorized to wear Subchaser's Ribbon from WWII
Capt. Colin Fischer, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Easton Composite Sqdn
Maryland Wing
http://whats-a-flight-officer.blogspot.com/

Westernslope

Sometimes I feel like I am the oldest member.  ;)

Last fall I attended National Staff College with Lt Col George Hanrahan, WYWG, who is 80 years old. He probably is not the oldest but certainly impressed me. Most people at that age are not students attending National Staff College!

shorning

Quote from: alexalvarez on March 27, 2006, 03:33:37 AM
Does anyone know what is the age of the oldest CAP member?

Heck, shoot Member Service and e-mail.  They might be willing to tell you.  Or at least tell you the age.

CAPSeahawk8

I have three that are 80+ in my old squadron including one with 50 years continious service. They are at every meeting and one just qualified last summer as a mission observer.They are real assets.

SarDragon

As of 12/2005, CAWG had one SM age 93, three SMs age 91, and 95 SMs over 80.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Pylon

I don't know about oldest, but last year in my old squadron, there was a gentleman who had more time-in-grade than I had time-on-this-earth.  And it wasn't an Lt Col either.   :D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

BlackKnight

Phil Boylan, Maj, CAP
DCS, Rome Composite Sqdn - GA043
http://www.romecap.org/

shorning

Quote from: BlackKnight on March 28, 2006, 12:41:46 AM
CAP Join Date:  1 DEC 1941,  per the NHQ database.  (According to Lt Col Stone, his actual join date was August 1942.) 

Don't relay on the 1 Dec 41 date.  Even my membership showed that date for several years after NHQ switched to the computerized version of the membership records.  I eventually had to fix it myself.  I didn't think it was good to appear to be a founding member.  (I'm no where close the that age either)