Another source for Professional Development courses

Started by arajca, March 18, 2006, 04:22:37 PM

arajca

The National Guard has an online school with many courses in a variety of topics that anyone can sign up for. The link for the National Guard Professional Education Center is https://onlinecampus.ngpec.org.

Becks

BBATW

arajca

I'm currently working through the Pre-Commissioning Course. Yes, it's Army based, but I want to go through it to see if it would be a good base for a CAP Pre-Commissioning Course. (Part of another crazy idea I have).

dws

Daniel W. Stouch, Lt Col., CAP

mikeylikey

Checked out both sites.  Each one is equally awesome.  Too bad no one has worked up a CAP course on-line like these before.  Would make for some excellent "pre-commissioning" requirements. 
What's up monkeys?

Pylon

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 30, 2006, 03:40:31 PM
Checked out both sites.  Each one is equally awesome.  Too bad no one has worked up a CAP course on-line like these before.  Would make for some excellent "pre-commissioning" requirements. 

I think it's also an excellent idea and I support Capt Rajca's idea to develop a pre-commissioning course.  It's not a foreign idea -- even the American Cadet Alliance (ACA) has their version of the Senior member take a pre-comissioning program before they pin on officer grade.

But taking extra professional development courses is a great way to expand your own horizon, whether or not they're required of you.  You may not always get something for it, or earn a new ribbon, but it will show through in your leadership, management, and other abilities.  The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know...   :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

arajca

Quote from: Pylon on March 30, 2006, 05:02:35 PMBut taking extra professional development courses is a great way to expand your own horizon, whether or not they're required of you.  You may not always get something for it, or earn a new ribbon, but it will show through in your leadership, management, and other abilities.  The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know...   :)
Especially when the price is right... $0.00!*

*excluding title, taxes, and internet fees.