Main Menu

Mitchell Award

Started by PaulR, December 15, 2008, 03:25:10 AM

Timbo

^ So that means if you were a member of one of the Wings in NER during dates listed you automatically got a UCA?  Isn't that very broad?  If that is the case, do we print that out for a members file so they can clasp their UCA or do we need a PA from NER??   

cnitas

According to the ICL, you need a PA.  That is why I was asking if the UC PAs were going to be included in this database of 'National awards'.
It is cool that they will be posting Medals of Valor and whatnot, but that effects like .001% of CAP members.  The UC issue effects far more, and seems to me should take a priority. 

If all awards and decs were tracked in e-services, this would be moot.
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

SarDragon

Quote from: Timbo on December 17, 2008, 03:29:27 PM
^ So that means if you were a member of one of the Wings in NER during dates listed you automatically got a UCA?  Isn't that very broad?  If that is the case, do we print that out for a members file so they can clasp their UCA or do we need a PA from NER??

The ENTIRE region was awarded the UCA. Yes, broad, but without seeing any other paperwork, I can't tell you any more about it.

A PA would have been nice, but given the long lapse of time, the email from the good colonel works for me. I do have my cadet record to prove membership at the time of the award.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: SarDragon on December 18, 2008, 08:14:41 AMThe ENTIRE region was awarded the UCA. Yes, broad, but without seeing any other paperwork, I can't tell you any more about it.

A PA would have been nice, but given the long lapse of time, the email from the good colonel works for me. I do have my cadet record to prove membership at the time of the award.

Ditto with two of the 'Green Weenies' on my rack - they were earned WIWAC in FL Wing, and I've got some documentation backing it up in my files.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

PaulR

Heeeyyyy....

I dont know how my looking for my Mitchell Award number turned into a debate on a darned unit citation...  :-[ 

cnitas

Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

PaulR

I guess better to be hijacked here than in my car while it is 5F outside!  LOL ;D

Pylon

Quote from: PaulR on December 18, 2008, 01:29:40 PM
Heeeyyyy....

I dont know how my looking for my Mitchell Award number turned into a debate on a darned unit citation...  :-[ 

Welcome to CAPTalk   :-\
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP