Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag

Started by MIKE, November 09, 2008, 03:38:24 AM

MIKE

For those of you who may have missed it in IMAX... I didn't.  I bring you plane pr0n courtesy of Boeing.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/24197/fighter-pilot-operation-red-flag

Full screen it and turn up your speakers.
Mike Johnston

Fifinella

Denied!  Here's what I got: "Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States".  :(
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Cecil DP

Quote from: Fifinella on November 09, 2008, 01:46:23 PM
Denied!  Here's what I got: "Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States".  :(

I thought you were in the UK
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Fifinella

Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Tubacap

William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Eeyore

I think I'm going to have to order this for my cadets to watch. If there is a 5th Tuesday in the month they get to watch a movie, I think that the next 5th Tuesday they will be watching this.

MIKE

See, if your squadron had high-speed Internets...  Just think of the clan I mean squadron LAN parties meetings.
Mike Johnston

Eeyore

We have internet, we just can't access it. We meet on base and the internet requires a CAC card :(

DC

I rented that from Netflix for my squadron a long time ago, the cadets loved it! It is awesome on a projector with some external speakers.

Some of the edited-in special effects leave a little to be desired, but the actual footage is freaking awesome, and all in IMAX uber-HD!

jimmydeanno

I picked this up when I went to RSC at Nellis.  Part of RSC was a tour of the Red Flag Facility - it was Super Awesome!  Tour was given by a CAP-USAF Major who used to work at Red Flag, she did a great job.

Oh yeah, the Thunderbirds were cool too :)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

wacapgh

The place to watch it was a few miles to the South at the IMAX in the Luxor! Darn near 180 degree view and sound system to match.

Best tour at PCR/RME RSC? Threat briefing. Could have stayed there the whole day  ;D

flyerthom

Quote from: wacapgh on November 10, 2008, 08:22:15 PM
The place to watch it was a few miles to the South at the IMAX in the Luxor! Darn near 180 degree view and sound system to match.

Best tour at PCR/RME RSC? Threat briefing. Could have stayed there the whole day  ;D

One of the first things I did when I moved here. Gotta do it again!
TC

a2capt

Chutzpa or not..

I've snagged the stream off hulu, in addition I have the DVD.

If you PM me and it's for cadets to watch, and you can't get internet and your cadets in the same room at the same time - I'll send you an AVI file that you can play with Mac or Windows, your projector and speakers. I am not ripping the stand alone DVD, rather, the video that was streamed.

vawgcadet

Thanks for the link! It's a lot better quality than when I watched this on YouTube...
C/MSgt Michael Perkins
MER-VA-141|Hampton Roads Composite Squadron

Gunner C

I just watched it.  OUTSTANDING!

Gunner

N Harmon

Another great IMAX movie for squadron movie night is The Magic of Flight.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

MIKE

More plane pr0n: Speed and Angels Warning Language
Mike Johnston

♠SARKID♠

Eeyore

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: MIKE on November 09, 2008, 03:38:24 AM
For those of you who may have missed it in IMAX... I didn't.  I bring you plane pr0n courtesy of Boeing.

Great movie if it weren't for the bad dialogue.

Gunner C

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on December 18, 2008, 04:05:24 AM
Quote from: MIKE on November 09, 2008, 03:38:24 AM

Great movie if it weren't for the bad dialogue. (Speed and Angels)

Did anyone notice the Civil Air Patrol plaque in his mother's hallway?

♠SARKID♠

I can't make out what its for, I know it says award on it and his name on the bottom.

MIKE

I noticed, but I was waiting to see if you guys would spot it.
Mike Johnston