Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 25, 2017, 03:39:54 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Announcements  |  Topic: CAP Talk Anniversary
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CAP Talk Anniversary  (Read 3754 times)
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NY-408

I Help Non-Profits | Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« on: February 06, 2006, 04:49:22 PM »

Happy 1st Birthday to CAP Talk!

CAPTalk is officially 1-year old today.  It's quite unbelievable as I reflect on how far this website community has come in only 12 short months.  It all started as an idea and a few PMs between Jerry and me on CadetStuff last February.  With the closing of CAPBoard, Jerry and I realized that there was lack of a quality, content-filled, active, and professional discussion community for all CAP members for all of CAP's missions.  With the intent of filling that gap, Jerry and I set out to quick create and establish what we have here today.

I must say that I am very proud of our entire membership.  While our numbers are still relatively small, our active discussions have been very respectful and professional on the whole.  Debates and differences of opinion have been covered in very courteous manners.  Senior members and cadets have shared experience and wisdom.  Units from across the U.S. have swapped ideas, shared success stories, and told tales of past missions.

This first year has helped establish CAPTalk's reputation as a professional community, where everyone is welcome and information is freely exchanged.  In this coming year ahead of us, full of opportunity, I hope that CAPTalk users will recommend the site to friends and colleagues to help increase our userbase.  I am looking forward to a year of expanding membership and increased participation.  I think my hopes are best embodied in the old adage: The more the merrier!

Thank you to all of you who have participated and continue to do so.  It is all of you who post that make up CAPTalk.  I also want to thank my Co-Admin Jerry for graciously hosting all of this, with our tens-of-thousands of hits each month.  Also, we should thank the moderating team and at the same time pat ourselves on the back that their jobs are not-so-burdensome because of our extreme professionalism here.

Great year everyone!  Let's look forward to the coming year full of new growth and continued excellence in all we do!

Sincerely,

Mike Kieloch
CAPTalk Co-Administrator

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
F. R. Sussey Composite Squadron       
Westernslope
Banned

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 06:13:06 PM »

Mike,

Congratulations and Thanks go to you and Jerry.  It is nice to have a place where people can share thoughts and ideas without all the bickering.

dwb
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 08:13:04 PM »

Oy!  I already read this in my E-mail, and now here?!?  :D

Congrats on the one-year anniversary, and for putting together such a good service.
RobG
Seasoned Member

Unit: 000-00

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 08:24:02 PM »

Thanks guys for taking your time away from your family and other dealings to give us all a place to express our options, in a civil manner.
Major_Chuck
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 09:16:41 PM »

Congratulations on The First Anniversay of CAPTalk. 

-Chuck
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Announcements  |  Topic: CAP Talk Anniversary