Rifle Movements

Started by addo1, August 22, 2008, 07:43:45 PM

addo1

I am interested in learning rifle drill in the sense of the spins and such.  Is there a manual that teaches the coorect way to do that?  Or, does anyone have a good site that they could refer me to?  Thanks.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

DC

CAPP 52-8 CAP Unit Honor Guard Program. There is a section in there that describes some rifle movements.

Google 'Exibition Rifle Drill'.

There are also tons of 'how to' videos on YouTube demonstrating drill movements.

cdt/Lt.S

go to you tube and search armed basics for movements and armed ex to learn spinning moves start with the windmill then Aeriel and Aeriel reverse and bottom bottom top top

IceNine

Buy a decent practice rifle.  It is possible to learn with the crummy wood one's but it's much more difficult because they are so far from being balanced.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

addo1

Ok, thanks guys. This post was a little old and I have already found a rifle and mastered most of the moves awhile back. Thanks for the suggestions though.  :)
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Flying Pig

I have learned your local JROTC is probably the best resource.  Unless you live in Washington DC on the corner of 8th and I St.   ;D