Main Menu

SIMS

Started by captrncap, January 20, 2006, 05:38:58 PM

captrncap

Can anyone tell me how to change a cadet to senior? I did the CAPWATCH import but they still show as a cadet.

Thanks. ???

BlackKnight

Had to do this a couple of months ago...

Call up the cadet's master record screen and change the member type from "cadet" to "senior member". Save the update, then come back and select the proper senior grade.  If you have seniors and cadets divided into separate flights (SIMS default), don't forget to move the cadet to the appropriate senior flight.
After you make this change all the cadet test and promotion records are preserved but they're grayed out in SIMS.  So make sure you get everything cadet-related entered before you make the change to senior status.

If your ex-cadet senior member has a flight officer grade the CAPWATCH update to SIMS will list the grade as "SM".  CAPWATCH doesn't track flight officer grades and neither does SIMS.   A minor glitch in both systems but since young seniors usually get officer grade at age 21 the problem eventually goes away-  Except of course for that retired but still gung-ho USAF NCO I met from ALWG who is determined to stay MSgt grade forever. No officer epaulets for him!   8)
Phil Boylan, Maj, CAP
DCS, Rome Composite Sqdn - GA043
http://www.romecap.org/

captrncap

Thanks. I will give it a try. Once this is done, can the PDR be updated from CAPWATCH?

Again, thanks.

MIKE

Quote from: captrncap on January 20, 2006, 08:00:22 PM
Thanks. I will give it a try. Once this is done, can the PDR be updated from CAPWATCH?

It should update once you change member type and run the import/update utility again.  It only add new data... it won't delete or change existing data... You will have to do that manually as necessary.

Squadron Command is pretty dead lately... Haven't heard of any upcoming SIMS updates for some time.
Mike Johnston

captrncap

I believe that ver i was released at the NER Conference in 05. I would expect a new version if 52-16 gets approved with the changes this summer.

MIKE

Didn't manage to attend the SIMS seminar at NER Conference.  What version to you have? 4.2h was the last public release IIRC.
Mike Johnston

captrncap

I have ver h. That is the last public release.

Pylon

So... here's a good question...

Can you record CPPT completion for Cadets who are 18+ ?

It wouldn't seem so, after having played around with it for some time.  Even when that data is loaded in from CAPWATCH, for 18+ cadets it just seems to disappear because the Professional Dev. tab is greyed out for cadets.

*shrug*

Ideas?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Post or e-mail a request.
Mike Johnston