Getting my Army wings

Started by hatentx, July 16, 2008, 03:54:19 AM

hatentx

Okay so I have asked and the one place I was told to go doesnt do the wings any more.  Something about National telling them to stop with a really nice letter.  So where can I get my Army wings on the ultra marine blue.  I remimber reading though that they my be subdued though.  Am I just making things up or is it for real.

Hawk200

Interesting, considering that National doesn't have that authority. For CAP items, maybe. For other things, no. Where did you try to get them done?

I don't want to put up anyplace that still does anything, and is currently under National's radar.

hatentx

39-1 states

6. Military Aviation Badges: Embroidered (subdued or white on blue), centered 1/2 inch below the CAP
aviation badge above left breast pocket

I decided to not be lazy and find it myself.  I had called 1800nametags but I did say the magical words Civil Air Patrol.  I wonder if I were to call back and say I just need them in this color pattern if it would work.  I am going to play word games and see if it works out for me.  I will let you all know.

I would assume they could authorize it simple because it is an authorized uniform item on the RM and that it could be worn.  Who knows but it is in the regs.

Stonewall

Not sure what wings you're talking about, jump or air assault, but read this thread, the answer is in it somewhere.

The company's name is Spur or something....

This discussion.
Serving since 1987.

NIN

Its Spur nametapes (1800NameTape) and if you call them and talk to them, they'll hook you right up.  Don't say "Its for Civil Air Patrol," in case they have gotten yet another C&D letter.  CAP doesn't hold any copyright on the white-on-ultramarine combo, really.  It could be for your Halloween costume, right?

Besides, if Vanguard did it, it would cost $4.50 a badge, with $7 shipping, and some dude in Estonia would be buying Dells with my credit card right now.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

O-Rex

You CAN buy mil badges on ultramarine blue from "that place," as CAP has no claim on mil badges....

hatentx

so I called today and didn't say anything about cap and it worked.  2 weeks to ship though:( of well I can wear the subdued untill they get here

Stonewall

Quote from: hatentx on July 16, 2008, 06:21:36 PM
so I called today and didn't say anything about cap and it worked.  2 weeks to ship though:( of well I can wear the subdued untill they get here

Or, just don't wear anything until you get them as it's not that important and it won't waste your time.

Which badge do you have?  Airborne?
Serving since 1987.

NIN

Quote from: hatentx on July 16, 2008, 06:21:36 PM

Wow, I had mine in 3 days. Well, OK, maybe 4....

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

hatentx

Well they quoted me weeks.  I have the Aviation Crew Member Badge.  The reason I am wishing to keep it on is being that I have had that badge on for a number of years and well due to wear the iniform is faded a good bit so I wish to have a uniform without having different level of faded uniform.  It is bad enough that my 1st Cav patch is so freaking huge that it is hard to hide it there. 

SJFedor

Quote from: hatentx on July 17, 2008, 01:50:00 AM
Well they quoted me weeks.  I have the Aviation Crew Member Badge.  The reason I am wishing to keep it on is being that I have had that badge on for a number of years and well due to wear the iniform is faded a good bit so I wish to have a uniform without having different level of faded uniform.  It is bad enough that my 1st Cav patch is so freaking huge that it is hard to hide it there. 

Please tell me you're not wearing your 1st Cav patch on your CAP uniform...

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

bosshawk

In my day, 1st Cav guys either had the patch sewed to their shorts or tattoed on their fourth point of contact.  Fortunately, I was never assigned to the CAV, so I escaped that.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Eclipse

Quote from: hatentx on July 17, 2008, 01:50:00 AM

Spur doesn't do anything "weeks" - standard (i.e. cheap) will get to you in 2-3 days.

Is the one you're wearing today subdued or bright and I have to ask, where are you "hiding" the 1st Cav patch?

"That Others May Zoom"

hatentx

I am not wearing the Cav patch.  I am useing the uniforms I use to wear when the Army was wearing BDUs.  As for the hiding the Cav patch I don't know about hiding it I wear it with pride. 

Stonewall

What hatentx is saying is now that his 1st Cav patch is off his BDUs, there is a huge void, perhaps a darkened area, where the patch used to be and there's no way to hide it.  The 1st Cav patch is the largest patch in the Army, so again, it's like hiding an elephant in a bathroom...you're gonna notice.
Serving since 1987.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Stonewall on July 17, 2008, 11:31:12 AM
The 1st Cav patch is the largest patch in the Army, so again, it's like hiding an elephant in a bathroom...you're gonna notice.

Or in this case - a horse  :D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

hatentx

yeah sorry I didn't catch that some of yall were not catching that.  The Cav patch is 7 inches large.  So the fadeing is not even.  the wings did the same thing as well.  when I pulled the rank and name tags off it was like brand new under there so I am trying to keep it looking some what good with out buying new bdus