Smithsonia

There is a new attempt to find Mr. Fossett. Click Here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080713/ap_on_re_us/fossett_search

With regards; ED OBRIEN
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

mikeylikey

^ Thanks ED!

2 things......this is a real bad idea.  I believe we will see searches conducted for the searchers eventually.  Can you imagine when we (taxpayers) have to spend more $$ on searching for a group of searchers.  Second, you would think that all the money the Wifey has, she would be funding more searches to get the body recovered.  OR at least support the effort to get her husbands body back home.  Seems cold to me.

Either way, good luck to the searchers.  I hope the come back safely. 
What's up monkeys?

Smithsonia

Any one can go look for anyone, at anytime. Better to find Mr. Fossett than suffer another Paris Hilton sighting.

Somebody still looks for Amelia Earhart every so often. BUT, I don't think any one is looking for Judge Crater. any longer. We hate mysteries and we love mysteries. Mysteries make us tense. We like answers and don't sit peacefully among questions. It is more an expression of our human inquisitiveness and less about being a hero or getting our names in the press... although that can happen, if you find, let's say, the Titanic and are named Doctor Ballard, you know what that's like.

I doubt we'll ever find the grave of Ghengis Khan, St. Paul. Alexander the Great, Mohamed, Christ, or The Dead Little Space men from Area 51. That said, people will keep trying and good for them. By the way... where is Paris Hilton these days? Perhaps Milli Cyrus' basement and in chains.
With regards; ED OBRIEN
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

KyCAP

Maybe they will find CB DB Cooper..  Anyway, sounds like a good spirited exercise with some exercise...
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

SarDragon

That would be D.B. Cooper.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Major Carrales

Quote from: SarDragon on July 14, 2008, 12:18:17 AM
That would be D.B. Cooper.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic.

Oh...C.B. Cooper, No wonder we can't find him.  If only we had known this sooner. (chuckle) ;)
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

PHall

We already know who will find Steve Fossett, deer hunters!

Deer hunters have found many old wrecks up in those mountains.
Sometimes it's 10 years after they went down, but they found them!

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Smithsonia on July 13, 2008, 10:47:08 PM
Any one can go look for anyone, at anytime. Better to find Mr. Fossett than suffer another Paris Hilton sighting.

Somebody still looks for Amelia Earhart every so often. BUT, I don't think any one is looking for Judge Crater. any longer. We hate mysteries and we love mysteries. Mysteries make us tense. We like answers and don't sit peacefully among questions. It is more an expression of our human inquisitiveness and less about being a hero or getting our names in the press... although that can happen, if you find, let's say, the Titanic and are named Doctor Ballard, you know what that's like.

I doubt we'll ever find the grave of Ghengis Khan, St. Paul. Alexander the Great, Mohamed, Christ, or The Dead Little Space men from Area 51. That said, people will keep trying and good for them. By the way... where is Paris Hilton these days? Perhaps Milli Cyrus' basement and in chains.
With regards; ED OBRIEN

Paris Hilton in chains?  Ed, I didn't know you were into that!
Another former CAP officer

Smithsonia

Maj. Katchenmeister;
I see you've caught me between Freud and a "Drifting" Warning. BUT recovering Steve Fossett would be more interesting to me than another "bad celeb-girl" story... that kind of sums up the interest in such a thing, for me at least. If we get some paparazzi on Fossett they'll find him and "Leave Britney Alone!"
With regards; ED OBRIEN
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Mustang

My crew and I searched Lucky Boy Pass pretty well during the search last fall, I'll be surprised if they find him in there as it's all pretty exposed; not a lot of foliage/tree cover as I recall.  If a post-crash fire ensued, not much at all will be found--certainly nothing resembling an airplane.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Smithsonia

The news last night said this latest effort has been called off without positive results. UNLESS YOU COUNT -- They are positive they didn't find him. Steve Fossett remains illusive.

With regards; ED OBRIEN
With regards;
ED OBRIEN