Dual Emblem Name Tag for Flight suit?

Started by KyCAP, July 02, 2008, 03:20:15 AM

KyCAP

Quote from: jaybird512 on July 04, 2008, 08:36:01 AM
Quote from: KyCAP on July 03, 2008, 11:21:41 PM
OK - I started it..

Mod - Lock it please - beaten this horse to death.

So quick to lock, once again...  We are having an adult, respectful conversation and as long as we stay within the code of conduct there's no reason to throw out a lock just because people are disagreeing.

To get back to Hawk and River, we have corporate uniforms that the AF has stayed out of and I think that if you want to wear whatever you want within CAP regs, then that's just fine (although I still don't understand not wearing wings and a badge on all uniforms).

As far as AF uniforms, I think that we should do exactly what the AF does, within our regs, as is required.  As it was pointed out, we don't want to look gaudy and silly but there's no reason why an aviator should not wear his wings on his BDUs or a specialty badge on his flight suit.  Wearing different clothes does not change the person's qualifications.

It's wandered from a discussion about the design aesthetics to another body politic that can be moved to another topic.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

jb512

Quote from: KyCAP on July 04, 2008, 08:38:47 AM
It's wandered from a discussion about the design aesthetics to another body politic that can be moved to another topic.

That's ok and it looks like a natural progression.  We established that the design asthetics offered by the vendor do not match the current military style and we went into the issue of wearing more than one badge, etc.  Those who choose not to participate in the discussion are welcome to choose a different one to engage in.

afgeo4

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 03, 2008, 02:01:01 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on July 02, 2008, 10:23:37 PM
Gee, the predominant theme in most uniform-related discussions here is that our uniforms are too cluttered.  This situation is a prime example of un-necessary clutter.

Working uniforms should have a minimal number of badges and other items on them and I think it is reasonable for there to be some relationship between badge wear and the uniform on which it is being worn. 

And if the AF does it that way, that just means they're wrong too (IMHO).

Incidentally, I do put my money were my mouth is and don't wear my Observer Wings on my BDU or have my GT badge on my flight suit name tag. 

That's your option. But as long as it's within regulation or equivalent, then it's acceptable for others to do as they wish. Personal opinon is fine, just don't make the mistake of telling others that they can't. Regulations are published at a much higher level than just indviduals.

Just out of curiousity, do you wear those same badges on blues (or corporate equivalent) ?
Never knew Integrity was optional in CAP.
GEORGE LURYE

Hawk200

Quote from: afgeo4 on July 04, 2008, 02:14:08 PM
Gee, the predominant theme in most uniform-related discussions here is that our uniforms are too cluttered.  This situation is a prime example of un-necessary clutter.

Working uniforms should have a minimal number of badges and other items on them and I think it is reasonable for there to be some relationship between badge wear and the uniform on which it is being worn. 

Incidentally, I do put my money were my mouth is and don't wear my Observer Wings on my BDU or have my GT badge on my flight suit name tag. 

That's your option. But as long as it's within regulation or equivalent, then it's acceptable for others to do as they wish. Personal opinon is fine, just don't make the mistake of telling others that they can't. Regulations are published at a much higher level than just indviduals.

Just out of curiousity, do you wear those same badges on blues (or corporate equivalent) ?

You're going to have to clarify that one. Because I don't see how it's an integrity issue for people to excercise an option given to them by a CAP published regulation, manual, pamphlet, or policy. If a pub says "You can do this or that", then where is that "optional" integrity?

afgeo4

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 04, 2008, 03:08:28 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on July 04, 2008, 02:14:08 PM

You're going to have to clarify that one. Because I don't see how it's an integrity issue for people to excercise an option given to them by a CAP published regulation, manual, pamphlet, or policy. If a pub says "You can do this or that", then where is that "optional" integrity?
Sure thing.

The Regulations state the minimum requirements. Doing the right thing is going above those requirements to preserve the image of CAP and the Air Force. Doing the right thing is making sure your uniform always looks best, not just good enough for regs because it reflects on those great organizations. Doing the right thing, even when not required by regulations is INTEGRITY. Integrity is one of CAP core values and as such, isn't an option for CAP members.

As such, wearing your uniform if it is in poor condition and would reflect poorly on CAP and USAF goes against CAP's core values (Integrity and Excellence).

Clear enough?
GEORGE LURYE

Hawk200

Quote from: afgeo4 on July 05, 2008, 04:35:59 PM
Sure thing.

The Regulations state the minimum requirements. Doing the right thing is going above those requirements to preserve the image of CAP and the Air Force. Doing the right thing is making sure your uniform always looks best, not just good enough for regs because it reflects on those great organizations. Doing the right thing, even when not required by regulations is INTEGRITY. Integrity is one of CAP core values and as such, isn't an option for CAP members.

As such, wearing your uniform if it is in poor condition and would reflect poorly on CAP and USAF goes against CAP's core values (Integrity and Excellence).

Clear enough?

Clear, but not where I was going, or even really related to what I was trying to say.

The angle I was working from was that if a pub allows taking an option on something, then people may take the option or leave it as they wish.

Example: 39-1 permits the wear of cufflinks on the blue shirt. Which means a member may choose to wear them, if they wish. If they don't want to, then they don't have too.

OR

For the green flight suit, a patch is optional on the right shoulder. I take the option of not wearing one. The pub permits me that.

OR

A tie or tab is optional with the blue pullover sweater when a short sleeve shirt/blouse is worn. Personally, I wear a tie with it, I feel it looks better. Someone else may choose not to wear one. The reg permits both, neither person is wrong.

OR even

A service hat is optional for senior members. I don't have one yet, and right now, not important to me. Other people obtain and wear them. Neither person is wrong for wearing appropriate headgear to the uniform.

Just a few examples. None of the above is in any way, shape or form an integrity issue. I address proper compliance with publications, not "good enough" examples.

Then again, I guess if you always assume the worst of people, you should be pleasantly surprised most of the time.

Pylon

Uhm, hey, far be it from me to point out the obvious - but the manual has left the option up to personal preference.  It seems clear from the two sides of this debate that there are multiple personal preferences.  Imagine that.  Everybody can wear what they prefer.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Hawk200

Quote from: Pylon on July 06, 2008, 01:48:30 AM
Uhm, hey, far be it from me to point out the obvious - but the manual has left the option up to personal preference.  It seems clear from the two sides of this debate that there are multiple personal preferences.  Imagine that.  Everybody can wear what they prefer.

That was kind of my point. Guess I wasn't clear on it.

flyerthom

Quote from: mikeylikey on July 02, 2008, 03:45:08 AM
for reals yo.........made me puke in my mouth a little bit. 

http://www.prilosecotc.com/

Don't go to vanguard's website.

>:D
TC

Captain Morgan

Don C. Morgan, Lt Col
AL3, AOBD, GTM3, IC3, IO, LO, MP, MSO
KY Wing Government Relations Officer
Blue Grass Senior Squadron ES Officer
Lexington, KY

Tubacap

There is a Capt. Morgan that lives down the street from me.  Also a lot of him in the house next to me, but not the same kind.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

mikeylikey

Quote from: Tubacap on July 19, 2008, 10:11:24 AM
..............Also a lot of him in the house next to me, but not the same kind.

For shame Sir, for shame.  I expect to see some of the good CAPT at Encampment next week.  You bringing him??  I say we meet him in your BOQ!!
What's up monkeys?

KyCAP

:clap:

OMG Captain Morgan...

;)

Thou shalt never complete Level 3.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing