Epaulet Shapers- A New Novelty?

Started by rightstuffpilot, June 26, 2008, 04:26:05 PM

Tubacap

Quote from: Eclipse on June 27, 2008, 02:21:07 PM
When I joined 9 years ago, there was very little attention paid or guidance given to new members on their uniforms (in my area), so I had to seek it out from active duty people and other sources. 

One of the things we may be able to accomplish is to put pictures up of some common uniform "enhancements."  Eclipse just made a great one for shapers.  I think it would be worthwhile to post pictures and explanations of things like...

1. Boot Blousers
2. Garters
3. Rolling of the sleeves

As well as procedures for...

1. Ironing uniform parts
2. Polishing boots

I know these are highly subjective and some people do them and some people don't, but if you don't have someone who was RM in your unit, then you basically miss these nuances of uniforms that make them "spit-shined."  I think this is an important skill to have, and there is no national level resource to do it in.

BTY, thanks Eclipse, I think I may add these to my next order, or pick them up the next time I'm at the MCSS.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

afgeo4

There are two lengths of shapers available at the MCSS. Short (female) and Long (Male).

CAP epaulet sleeves are the same as USAF female ones, so if you're using it for gray sleeves or are a female, go with the short ones.

If you wear the corporate dress uniform and are a male, purchase the long ones as they are the right length for the male USAF sleeves.

By the way, these shapers do a wonder when worn with the v-neck sweater or cardigan!
GEORGE LURYE

Eclipse

Quote from: afgeo4 on June 27, 2008, 03:44:28 PM
CAP epaulet sleeves are the same as USAF female ones, so if you're using it for gray sleeves or are a female, go with the short ones.

The corporate gray ones?  This has not been my experience.

USAF blue ones are smaller than the CAP Gray ones, and the female USAF blue ones are smaller than those.

Do you have any photos that would support the above?  If you look at my pic the CAP sleeves are noticeably larger than the USAF ones.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Ah, nerts.   I just went and measured, you're right, the USAF ones are longer.

USAF Blue (Male) are 4-1/8" long x 2" wide.

CAP Gray are 3-3/4" long x 2-1/4" wide.

With that said, I've been using the same shapers since we were authorized for the dark blue, and up until this minute didn't know there were different sized shapers.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Cut out a piece of cardboard or an old credit card to the shape of the epaulet.

rightstuffpilot

Wow the picture is helpful.  On one set of blues I have trouble even getting the CAP epaulet to fit.  There must have been a style of shirt(female) that had smaller than standard size room for epaulets.
HEIDI C. KIM, Maj , CAP
CFI/CFII/MEI
Spaatz # 1700

Cedar Rapids Composite Squadron- Commander