CAP Distintive Polo (almost) uniform

Started by KyCAP, June 21, 2008, 08:01:08 PM

capchiro

Unfortunately, khaki is not going to change the situation you are addressing.  The original post described various colors of gray slacks.  Having just bought a pair of khaki slacks at Brooks Brothers, I can tell you that they had at least three colors of khaki, if not four.  Plus every other store has various shades of khaki.  Another thing, khaki will show stains fairly easy if you drop your ketchup off of your hamburger on them or spill your ice tea.  I would propose using black slacks as that is a fairly standard color throughout the clothing industry and doesn't show stains or spots as easy.  The blue and black look better than the blue and khaki and I don't think you can find anything easier to buy than a pair of black slacks.  Black slacks would insure uniformity, in my humble opinion..   
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

RiverAux

Capchiro makes a point that I brought up over in the other thread -- I've got at least 3-4 shades of khaki pants in my closet right now.  No matter what the color of the pants, if you don't specify the brand and item number, or require that they be bought from Vanguard which would presumably only sell one shade, we're still not going to get any uniformity with this uniform.

Smithsonia

Khaki uniformity is also a matter of the number of washes. So it becomes like our gray pants and our BBDU multiple versions of grays and blues. In that way, it's always been a problem. Khaki's can go from slightly yellowish-tan to light sandy brown-tan to almost medium tan-loden.
Don't forget uniformity is not absolute conformity. In the military that only happens the first day that everybody get brand new uniforms issued from Duty Supply and then has inspection. Click a picture and everybody is not just in uniformity but absolute conformity. That's how everybody looks so perfect coming and going from Iraq. New battle uni's out and new battle uni's -in. Sometimes you buy a set battle dress and just stow them for inspections only. That's a standard practice in lots of units.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

afgeo4

Stop picking on every little thing guys. Every piece of clothing varies in shades due to washes/dry cleaning. BDUs come in two fabrics which not only have different shades, but also different weave patterns (rip-stop vs. solid). Blues pants actually come in 2 different shades. Blues shirts vary in color among fabrics too. Don't even start me on the corporate blue field uniform. That can be in any dark blue shade.

The point isn't about shades. The point is in relative uniformity. About wearing similar things similarly. Different color khakis aren't a problem. Neither are different color gray slacks.

The REAL problem with gray slacks is their fabric. Most are synthetic/wool. Those fabrics aren't comfortable or durable for wear and require dry cleaning. Most chinos/khakis are wash or dry clean and come in non-stain and non-iron versions. They are also much lighter in hot weather (you know, when you'd actually wear a short sleeve polo).
GEORGE LURYE

SarDragon

My grey trousers are FlexSlax II from Sears. They are 100% polyester, and are truly wash-and-wear. Washer -> dryer -> hanger -> closet. The color name is Heather Grey.

Just checked the Sears website, and it appears that that line is being discontinued.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_045A0015000P?mv=rr

They appear to have other similar trousers here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

O-Rex

From the "for what it's worth" category, I actually found nomex golf shirts:

http://www.imall3d.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SNK8&Category_Code=NKS&Store_Code=aureus

Don't know if we can shorten the linky.....

someone said that Vanguard will embroider a shirt if you give it to them (?)

Then of course you have to find the pants.

Note: these folks also offer blue nomex flight suits for > $200.  I got one, they run about a size smaller than your military issue.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: O-Rex on June 23, 2008, 03:50:28 PM

I said that.  I'm not sure how keen they would be getting them in the mail to embroider on though.  When I gave them to them it was literally in the Vanguard building on Azalea Drive, handing it to the person that was going to be doing the embroidery.

Their conditions were, unworn, tags still on it - otherwise they wouldn't do it.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SarDragon

http://www.imall3d.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SNK8&Category_Code=NKS&Store_Code=aureus

Note: these folks also offer blue nomex flight suits for > $200.  I got one, they run about a size smaller than your military issue.

Why would you want a short sleeve Nomex shirt? That kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RiverAux

O-Rex

Quote from: SarDragon on June 24, 2008, 01:39:28 AM

Why would you want a short sleeve Nomex shirt? That kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Studies show that chest hair is very flammable. . . . .