Main Menu

CAP Tailors?

Started by RiverAux, June 13, 2008, 02:24:27 AM

RiverAux

Can anyone tell me why in the world the Personal Characteristics page of the My Information module on CAP e-services wants to know my shirt size?  Are they going to send me a shirt someday? 

JC004

that was done at the end of the day when they were creating it, and they just started getting silly   :)

afgeo4

Yup. A brand new aviator shirt with long sleeves that go around your back and lock in the front. :-X
GEORGE LURYE

Tubacap

I was hoping for a free shirt coming my way.  Although I was kind of disappointed there was not a kilt size entry box.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

IceNine

I asked the same question once.

They said that at one time they were going to send out promo t-shirts periodically.  But the "new" reason is so that the NCSA form will automatically be populated with this information upon application
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

mikeylikey

^ Shirt sizes can change all all the time, especially in regard to CAP members. 

More donuts= bigger shirt size. 

Stupid to have that field self populate!
What's up monkeys?

Major Carrales

Whao, I thought this was a thead on having Service coats made to order.  I find that "off the rack" works best to an extent.

As for the shirt-size thing, back in 1998 I recieved a shirt in the mail for recruiting a certain number of members.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

mikeylikey

Quote from: Major Carrales on June 14, 2008, 09:30:39 PM
As for the shirt-size thing, back in 1998 I received a shirt in the mail for recruiting a certain number of members.

I am shocked.  Was that the prize for Seniors, when Cadets won Gameboys and laptops??
What's up monkeys?

Major Carrales

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 14, 2008, 09:33:27 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on June 14, 2008, 09:30:39 PM
As for the shirt-size thing, back in 1998 I received a shirt in the mail for recruiting a certain number of members.

I am shocked.  Was that the prize for Seniors, when Cadets won Gameboys and laptops??

As I recall it was a great looking polo shirt...embroidered.  This was part of the build up to 2000.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

mikeylikey

^ I recruited three members in that campaign, and received a $25.00 gift certificate to the Bookstore.  I really wanted travel and costs paid to the National Conference that year, but hey.....I think I bought a pen and a pair of sunglasses with the award.   
What's up monkeys?

stratoflyer

Quote from: afgeo4 on June 13, 2008, 03:12:32 AM
Yup. A brand new aviator shirt with long sleeves that go around your back and lock in the front. :-X

LOL

That's rich.
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

Dad2-4

Quote from: Tubacap on June 13, 2008, 03:13:00 AM
... I was kind of disappointed there was not a kilt size entry box.
Hey, I'm with ya on that one. We need an authorized tartan. There's already a USAF tartan. Maybe we can get it approved for CAP formal wear. 8)