Streamlining the ES Rating Process

Started by Pylon, November 17, 2005, 05:01:17 PM

Pylon

Is there a better way to streamline the process of documenting newly earned ES specialty ratings?

As it stands now around here, one fills out a paper SQTR while they are training for the various tasks.  As you enter tasks on the paper SQTR, you have to enter them as well on the online E-Services SQTR. 

When the paper SQTR is signed, it needs all the requisite signatures to become approved, when it is then attached to the CAPF 100 requesting a CAPF 101 (card) with the new rating attached.

When the online SQTR is completed, concurrently, it is automatically forwarded to the Squadron Commander's approval bin, and following his or her approval, then the Group CC and the Wing King as well.

In essence, we have both electronic and paper systems for tracking ES ratings, and while the online system seems to handle it efficiently, the CAPF 100s and paper SQTRs are still around and still needed. 

It seems ridiculous to me, when you consider the same SQ/CC is going to need to sign the paper SQTR three times, sign the CAPF 100, and approve the online SQTR completion as well... for each rating, for each individual.

Shouldn't there be an easier way?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Mac

Here in ND Wing, you print out your SQTR and have it filled in by whoever trains you on a specific task. If we hold a large training session, either at the Sq or Wg Level (no groups here in ND) it is entered directly into MIMS and the paper SQTR in not filled out.

You may then print out a new SQTR out of MIMS and it will have all the dates and CAPID's on it. It is then kept in your CAPF 114 (ES Folder) as a paper trail that you did the training. We do not use CAPF 100's at all in ND only MIMS. It has saved a lot of time in processing ES ratings.
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Bluelakes 13

The online record, be it Eservices or WMU, is the official record.  The paerwork is your backup.  You can forego the paperwork and presume everyone will enter the information correctly.  Sometimes mission credit can take months to show up.  I prefer to have my papaerwork in order in case the online system looses something. 

Pylon

Quote from: jkalemis on November 23, 2005, 06:20:10 PM
The online record, be it Eservices or WMU, is the official record.  The paerwork is your backup.  You can forego the paperwork and presume everyone will enter the information correctly.  Sometimes mission credit can take months to show up.  I prefer to have my papaerwork in order in case the online system looses something. 

Unfortunately, it's not that easy in Wings like New York, who require you to submit the paperwork because they participate in E-Services/MIMS but don't recognize it as an official record.  So in addition to entering all my ratings online and each commander approving them, those commanders must also receive my CAPF 100 with attached filled and signed-off SQTR for each rating as well, in paper, and sign those off.  And I must still wait for my paper CAPF 101 to come back down the Chain of Command, because the E-Services CAPF 101 isn't recognized either -- just a "backup" record of sorts.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP