Changes to the Cadet Program...

Started by Pylon, October 05, 2005, 12:23:15 AM

Pylon

According to a recent post on CAPBlog, National Headquarters is looking at making some sweeping changes to the CAP Cadet Program.  Check out the proposed changes at CAPBlog, and see the first few comments from CAPers on CadetStuff, which already has a pretty lengthy thread on it.

I'll sit back and watch the firey comments...   ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Mike Johnston

BillB

What forum on Cadet Stuff is this thread? By that I mean there's supposed to be another thread other than your link.  And, does anyone have a copy of the draft they can uplink?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Pylon

Quote from: BillB on October 05, 2005, 10:49:17 PM
What forum on Cadet Stuff is this thread? By that I mean there's supposed to be another thread other than your link.  And, does anyone have a copy of the draft they can uplink?

I haven't seen a copy of the draft anywheres; perhaps the CAPBlog administrator does, which he'd share if asked. I don't know.

As for the thread on CadetStuff, there was only one, and it was linked directly to the link in my first post with the text "on CadetStuff."  Clicking that will take you right to that page of discussion on CS.

So, any other comments on those proposed changes?  :)

abysmal

2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Chris Jacobs

they do it again.  did you read the Fast burner part.  i think it's the worst idea ever.  those first achievements are your only way to weed out the destructive cadets and not let them get on your staff.  and personally i feel funny having sergeant's not doing sergeant's jobs
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

BillB

Where is this "reported" change to 52-16. People with National connections have never seen it.  Does it exist or a figment of someones imagination?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Pylon

Quote from: BillB on October 29, 2005, 01:23:22 AM
Where is this "reported" change to 52-16. People with National connections have never seen it.  Does it exist or a figment of someones imagination?

It could be a figment of someone's imagination.  As I said in my original post, the changes were just alleged as being something someone over at CAPTalk got emailed to them.... supposedly.

It may not be real, it may.  I figured we could comment on those ideas nonetheless, just as a matter of discussion.