Main Menu

Making up drill commands

Started by nesagsar, March 12, 2008, 07:09:08 AM

coolkites

"CADET WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING" said by a hysterical (laughing) 1st Sergent. He was laughing harder than I was while he asked me.  :) :D ;D

Cadet Princess

;D I can't wait to be a flight Sgt!!
C/CMSgt Mandalie

Color Guard Commander
Alpha Flight Commander

coolkites

Eagle 1

I tend to stay away from joke commands unless the squadron deserves to have some laughs (or at least be in a situation which I perceive to be funny :D)

The first three just to see what they do - though the reactions to all of them are quite interesting:
"Column of files from the rear"
"Sit there at the position of attention without going to seats"
"Room Ten-Rest"

Miscellaneous Drill:
"Turn left (right) by doing what the guy in front of you does at the position he does it, march" (columns)
"At the same time, turn left (right), march (flanks)
"Go that way, march"

For the position of attention:
"Just stand there and pretend you're in the military"

Cadence:
Left, left, left, right.....izquierda, izquierda, izquierda, derecho, izquierda...

I often make up things in German and Spanish as well (as referenced above).

Nick

Quote from: Eagle 1 on October 04, 2009, 11:42:03 PM
Miscellaneous Drill:
"Turn left (right) by doing what the guy in front of you does at the position he does it, march" (columns)
"Go that way, march"

Ooh.  I like those.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

GTM SGT Frazier

Quote from: lordmonar on June 19, 2008, 08:10:09 PM
Quote from: Ned on June 19, 2008, 04:33:00 PM
From my flight commander days:

"Continuous Change Step, . . . HARCH"

;D

That's called skipping down the road! >:D
Agreed

SarDragon

Oh, horrors, a breeding necro thread! A year at a pop, twice!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

BillB

Try this one...
double to the rear, by the right flank, left flank, double to the rear march.

mass confusion since each command ends on the wrong foot for the following movement.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

nesagsar

Quote from: BillB on November 17, 2010, 10:10:36 AM
Try this one...
double to the rear, by the right flank, left flank, double to the rear march.

mass confusion since each command ends on the wrong foot for the following movement.

I like how you think.

Spartan

A few I heard in the Army that I liked,  "Extend to the ZONK!"  "Mass Mosey, March" "Parrention" "SCATTER!" and "Ninja Vanish"  The best formation I ever heard was "soccer hooligans."

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Spartan on January 12, 2011, 01:55:23 AM
A few I heard in the Army that I liked,  "Extend to the ZONK!"  "Mass Mosey, March" "Parrention" "SCATTER!" and "Ninja Vanish"  The best formation I ever heard was "soccer hooligans."

My favorite command in the Army was RepZONK!

Major Lord

"Everybody get out of the Bleepin' Road! There is a Bleepin big Bleepin' truck coming!

Out of the mouths of babes....

I thought it was a great: The command was clear, the importance of immediate action was communicated, and although decorum was sacrificed for the sake of proper form, protocol should not stand in the way of survival. In a pinch, I suppose, one could use the Monty Python command: Run Away, Run Away!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

lordmonar

Quote from: Major Lord on January 14, 2011, 11:09:28 PM....... I suppose, one could use the Monty Python command: Run Away, Run Away!

The proper command is:

Jesus Christ! Run Away, Run Away!

The preparatory command is very important! :)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Maverick925

Quote from: Eagle 1 on October 04, 2009, 11:42:03 PM
I tend to stay away from joke commands unless the squadron deserves to have some laughs (or at least be in a situation which I perceive to be funny :D)

The first three just to see what they do - though the reactions to all of them are quite interesting:
"Column of files from the rear"
"Sit there at the position of attention without going to seats"
"Room Ten-Rest"

Miscellaneous Drill:
"Go that way, march"

Cadence:
Left, left, left, right.....izquierda, izquierda, izquierda, derecho, izquierda...

I often make up things in German and Spanish as well (as referenced above).

Now, I cannot claim credit for this one.  My flight sergeant used to love this when I was a C/Basic way back in 1998.  Give the flight "Present Arms!"  Then, call "Ready Front!"  This used to get half of the squadron during Kelly Drill.  Even though I'm now a Senior, I will still use this on Cadets when I get the chance, or I'll teach it to the Cadet Staff.

thatonekid

Gaggle step...HARCH
Gaggle right flank...HARCH
etc.
C/MSgt Collins

MCRmy

Follow the road, March!
or,
Turn the corner, March!

Columns of Flile Right Flight Column Right, March!- what we use for march in review
"I am not a ma'am!!!!"- MAWG 2007 Encampment

sneakers

Quote from: MCRmy on May 27, 2011, 02:46:04 AM
Follow the road, March!

I've heard something very similar as "Incline to the yellow line".

HGjunkie

"Mass gaggle that way, HARCH!" or "Move out of the road, NOW!"

Only because we drill in a parking lot.  :P
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

lycan1138

once in my naval Jrotc i heard an unusual command it was "Hey wait stop!" lol ;D and the sad thing was it was during a drill compention

titanII

Quote from: lycan1138 on June 29, 2011, 05:15:41 PM
once in my naval Jrotc i heard an unusual command it was "Hey wait stop!" lol ;D and the sad thing was it was during a drill compention
I don't suspect that this team won...
No longer active on CAP talk