Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2017, 09:00:50 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Announcements  |  Topic: The End-of-Summer Update
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The End-of-Summer Update  (Read 5177 times)
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NH-038

Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« on: September 02, 2005, 11:00:48 AM »

CAPTalk has been doing fairly well in these last few months, especially this past month: August.  In August, we had over 42,000 page views (a new record high for one month) and posts were coming in at a nice steady pace daily.

I'd like to thank the current active membership for posting away regularly -- sharing their knowledge, brewing ideas and civilly debating topics.  In addition, I'd like to encourage people to mention CAPTalk to members at their units and other CAP acquaintances.

CAPTalk's membership is still relatively low, and the more membership, the merrier!  Hopefully as unit's strive to recruit new cadets with schools getting back in session, CAPTalk can also gain some new recruits of our own.  Word-of-mouth is by far the most effective method of bringing people to our community, and I'd like to thank those who have already done so.

We're doing great so far -- keep up the good work everyone and enjoy your Labor Day weekend!   ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
Concord Composite Squadron, NH       
Dan
Recruit

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 05:32:01 PM »

Thank you for the update. I have been a regular reader of CAPTalk, and agree that the posts have generally been civil and useful.

I have not yet posted since I've only been a member of CAP for two months, and still have a great deal to learn about this great organization. This site has been very helpful.

Dan Bilitz, Capt, CAP
Aerospace Education Officer
WI-057

Dan Bilitz, Capt, CAP
Aerospace Education Officer
WI-057 Col. R.C. Jaye Mem. Comp. Sqdn.
abysmal
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 05:07:24 PM »

Considering that hardly anyone in the national organization even knows this forum exists yet, we seem to be doing OK. This level of growth will give you more time to work out all the little bugs before the DELUGE of new members come on board.
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Major_Chuck
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 08:46:05 PM »

The best way to advertise CAPTalk is word of mouth (also the cheapest).  Everyone who posts to these forums on a regular basis is in a position to 'talk up' CAPTalk. 

I don't know what a role each of us play in our organization.  Some are at unit level, others group, and perhaps some at Wing or higher.  At some point however we are in the position to field questions;  participate in discussions; and interact with and that is those are the  perfect opportunities to plug CAPTalk. 

In my new MER capacity I plan to do just that.  I am a huge believer in online forums, blogs, websites, etc.  As long as we maintain our professionalism and encourage new members to join then we will be successful.

Just my two cents from the peanut gallery.

-cc

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard
alpha06
Recruit

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 05:18:51 AM »

Why doesnt someone post an announcement on the nationalwebsite about CAPTalk.net? I think this is a great site where we can get a wealth of information and different viewpoints.
Lord, if I must have an engine failure, let it be the Hobbs meter.
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NH-038

Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 08:37:03 AM »

Why doesnt someone post an announcement on the nationalwebsite about CAPTalk.net? I think this is a great site where we can get a wealth of information and different viewpoints.

Well, we submitted a press release announcing CAPTalk when we first opened, but CAP did not want to put it in CAP News online or CAP News, the paper publication.  So, we have to rely on word-of-mouth and it works pretty well, as Maj. Cranford already eloquently pointed out.

So get out there and recruit, people!  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
Concord Composite Squadron, NH       
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Announcements  |  Topic: The End-of-Summer Update