Why we love the AF

Started by Stonewall, January 11, 2008, 05:51:13 PM

CASH172

Quote from: dcpacemaker on January 12, 2008, 04:26:08 AM
CCMSgt in, well, not sure.  kinda looks like the ACU.

To me it looks like a extremely faded ABU.  The design layout matches an ABU. 

lordmonar

Quote from: dcpacemaker on January 12, 2008, 04:26:08 AMCCMSgt in, well, not sure.  kinda looks like the ACU.
I think that is an early run ABU.  Some of them faded in a stange way.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Stonewall

Quote from: lordmonar on January 12, 2008, 04:31:34 AM
Quote from: dcpacemaker on January 12, 2008, 04:26:08 AMCCMSgt in, well, not sure.  kinda looks like the ACU.
I think that is an early run ABU.  Some of them faded in a stange way.

Yes, that's an earlier prototype.  Notice there are no lower pockets on the blouse....which is how I prefer it.
Serving since 1987.

LtCol White

Quote from: lordmonar on January 12, 2008, 04:20:02 AM
Quote from: LtCol White on January 11, 2008, 11:55:12 PM
I don't think its appropriate, professional or helpful to sit here and pick apart a photo of USAF personnel in uniform like this. Especially in a public forum.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

All in fun sir....but you have to think....if the USAF is so concerned about how CAP portrays the USAF image....then they need to do a better job of policing their own ranks.

And I am saying this as an AD MSgt....the USAF plays a lot of lip service to physical fitness and the PT program....and uniform regulations.....but our air crews are notorious for disregarding the AFIs and there is no way that Lt Col has passed a PT test in the last 5 years...

Perhaps but what you say and do here reflects on you and your CAP affiliation not you and your USAF affiliation.  

Sure, the photo is amusing. I'll grant you that. Just dont think its appropriate to make fun of a group of senior USAF personnel in a public forum like this.

Perhaps you may think I'm making a big deal out of nothing but its just my opinion of what I think is appropriate and what is not.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SAR-EMT1

Im not casting a stone per-se; Im just curious that a Colonel would have her hands in her pockets for a picture that a General (not to mention several)
might see later.

If I had to guess this was either a change of command or the standing up/down of a unit. (The crowds about right for a retreat ceremony but I cant see that many brass witnessing that)

Final: I cant see this being a medical unit for the simple fact that there is so much brass in the picture. (Could be wrong)
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Stonewall

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on January 14, 2008, 04:28:17 PM
Im not casting a stone per-se; Im just curious that a Colonel would have her hands in her pockets for a picture that a General (not to mention several) might see later.

Because the "brass" doesn't care either....especially if it's a guard unit.  Generally, security forces are the main group that really take into consideration uniforms, customs and courtesies and military stuff like formations.  Not saying that others don't, but as a group, SF are the primaries.

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on January 14, 2008, 04:28:17 PMFinal: I cant see this being a medical unit for the simple fact that there is so much brass in the picture. (Could be wrong)

No, I think you're right.  A med unit would have 80%, if not more, women.  My wife has been in two med squadrons and they're a large majority women....I should have gone medical...

Serving since 1987.

Fifinella

Quote from: LtCol White on January 12, 2008, 05:18:18 AM
Perhaps but what you say and do here reflects on you and your CAP affiliation not you and your USAF affiliation.  

Sure, the photo is amusing. I'll grant you that. Just dont think its appropriate to make fun of a group of senior USAF personnel in a public forum like this.

Perhaps you may think I'm making a big deal out of nothing but its just my opinion of what I think is appropriate and what is not.

OK, but the hands-in-the-pockets *really* sticks in my craw!  GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Fifinella on January 15, 2008, 04:59:44 AMOK, but the hands-in-the-pockets *really* sticks in my craw!  GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Or as our sister armed services derisively call it... "wearing Air Force gloves." (Now that gets my blood boiling!)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

_

Quote from: Stonewall on January 14, 2008, 05:04:47 PM
Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on January 14, 2008, 04:28:17 PMFinal: I cant see this being a medical unit for the simple fact that there is so much brass in the picture. (Could be wrong)

No, I think you're right.  A med unit would have 80%, if not more, women.  My wife has been in two med squadrons and they're a large majority women....I should have gone medical...

I think it's the IG Brown ANG TEC school at McGhee Tyson ANGB.

PHall

Quote from: Bayhawk21 on January 15, 2008, 02:27:47 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on January 14, 2008, 05:04:47 PM

I think it's the IG Brown ANG TEC school at McGhee Tyson ANGB.

First clue was all the guys wearing the TEC hats?

SAR-EMT1

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

stratoflyer

Where's the picture? Can someone re-post it?
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

IceNine

Try the first post on the first page?!?!

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

sarflyer

waaaa....waaaaa.....waaaaa  :(
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

stratoflyer

not there.

Silly me, it just re-appeared!!  :o
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

Major Carrales

OH MY GOD!!!  This is sad, not the photo...but that people have actually started doing the "improper, funny uniform" thread (a la once upon a time at CADETSTUFF) with USAF uniforms.  >:(

These photo postings, and the ensuing comments, are are height of unprofessionalism be they photos of USAF or CAP OFFICERS.  This insipid display cheapens us all!!!

I register my protest of this.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Stonewall

From the guy that wears the goofy saucer cap and has a myspace site with a ton of pics of himself for the world to see.  Nice.

Look, if you look like a goofball, people will talk about you and poke fun. 
Serving since 1987.

PHall

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 24, 2008, 03:48:32 AM
OH MY GOD!!!  This is sad, not the photo...but that people have actually started doing the "improper, funny uniform" thread (a la once upon a time at CADETSTUFF) with USAF uniforms.  >:(

These photo postings, and the ensuing comments, are are height of unprofessionalism be they photos of USAF or CAP OFFICERS.  This insipid display cheapens us all!!!

I register my protest of this.

You're a little late Joe. This thread has been here since January.
And you may notice that many of the comments are from current/retired Air Force/Air Guard/Air Force Reserve personnel.

Major Carrales

Quote from: Stonewall on August 24, 2008, 04:43:39 AM
From the guy that wears the goofy saucer cap and has a myspace site with a ton of pics of himself for the world to see.  Nice.

Look, if you look like a goofball, people will talk about you and poke fun. 

I've just come back from an ELT mission that took me 200 miles away from my family on a Sunday in the wind and rain. So, all I have to say to you in writing can be summed up thusly...

BUPKES
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454