EMT-B Course (2 weeks)

Started by Stonewall, January 05, 2008, 12:36:11 AM

Stonewall

Not sure how I feel about a 2 week NREMT-B course, but we sent everyone from my protection detail to this place.  Cost and length met our needs and may meet yours, plus they have lots of other training available.

The feedback from the guys on my team was positive.  However, they would have liked more time doing clinicals, so I squared them away and sent them to the local ER and Rescue units when they were on training status, once every 3 months.

I did a 3 week course in the Army that gave me NREMT-B and we went straight through, 21 days.  That included our 2 12 hour rotations through the ER, but Walter Reed, where I took the course, made us go 4 times to Baltimore Shock Trauma.

Anyhoo, if you're interested, here's the linkage...  http://www.emtinc.net/
Serving since 1987.

SJFedor

I don't see it being that big of a deal. It's definitely a "feed from the fire hose" type thing, but, there's worse things. EMTs are only acting in a BLS capacity anyway, so, 2 weeks, 12 hours a day, sure it can be done.

I'd be more worried about the graduate from the 10 week paramedic program then the graduate from the 2 week EMT program.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)