CAP SM Glider Training

Started by SAR-EMT1, November 18, 2007, 03:48:05 AM

jb512

Quote from: star1151 on January 08, 2008, 02:09:46 AM
Quote from: Redfire11 on December 25, 2007, 03:48:42 PM
That being said, it can be quite difficult to find CAP CFIs who are willing to give up the amount of time necessary to train a new student from the ground up. That's an observation, not a criticism. It takes an awful lot of time to train someone for their PPL.
Sad...that's definitely something I'd be interested in.

Quote from: jaybird512 on January 07, 2008, 12:31:22 AM
Nothing wrong with that.  Many people receive a lot of military training and bail after their enlistment or service is up.
True.  But CAP isn't exactly something you bail on when your time is up.  Is it?

Not for most people.  The argument was that people would if we offered initial flight training.  In response, it was suggested to have people meet time and eligibility requirements and submit a packet for a limited number of slots and get our money's worth out of the people just hunting a license.

afgeo4

Quote from: DrJbdm on December 17, 2007, 05:44:21 PM
There is a lot of support within CAP for making it possible for members to receive primary flight training in a CAP aircraft with CAP instructor pilots. However, CAP also has a non competition clause in that they will not allow primary flight training if there is a flight school that can service that need. CAP has this idea that by doing this they are being a good neighbor and are not stealing food out of the flight schools mouth.

I personally believe they should allow it, this way we can train our pilots to our standards. it makes for a better trained pilot when all they know is Cap's way of flying. But I fear that may never become authorized, although I really hope it is. Hey what a great recruiting/retention tool!

Ah.. but if we include a Time in Service clause as mentioned by someone previously, it should restrict our competition.

Members with say... 3 years in service (technically enough to become a Capt) may be given primary flight training in powered aircraft?
GEORGE LURYE