Started by Smokey, November 05, 2007, 10:43:11 PM

Short Field

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Pylon

Quote from: Active Monty on November 07, 2007, 01:40:15 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on November 07, 2007, 12:56:27 AM
Quote from: alamrcn on November 06, 2007, 06:55:13 PM
Why must a beard be such a permanent fixture for people? I can't believe I'm hearing that someone would quit the program before shaving... such insecurities about personal appearance! Maybe it's time for a make-over if you've become so attached to a certain look that you believe it defines you.

The other side of that coin is what is so god awful important about our organization that it would force people to make the choice about a beard and serving?

Pesky beards remind us that we aren't as "military" as we'd hoped?   ;D

Seriously though, I'm all about compromises.  I'll throw my unadulterated support behind enforcing exact military appearance standards (hair cut, no beards, etc.) and in exchange........

..........let's mandate that before haircuts and beards fall off, we make every senior do a PFT (of course, we want to be like the Air Force so, let's do their standard and not the cadets).

(Right about now, many of the "but, but but" crowd should chime in saying "this is okay but that isn't."

Weft and warp make the cloth, eh?  ;)

I mean if we're going to throw the baby out with the bathwater, let's be sure to be efficient here instead of tit for tat.

Please don't open that pandora's box, Monty... oy!   ::) :P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Monty

Quote from: Pylon on November 07, 2007, 01:35:48 PM
Quote from: Active Monty on November 07, 2007, 01:40:15 AMPesky beards remind us that we aren't as "military" as we'd hoped?   ;D

Seriously though, I'm all about compromises.  I'll throw my unadulterated support behind enforcing exact military appearance standards (hair cut, no beards, etc.) and in exchange........

..........let's mandate that before haircuts and beards fall off, we make every senior do a PFT (of course, we want to be like the Air Force so, let's do their standard and not the cadets).

(Right about now, many of the "but, but but" crowd should chime in saying "this is okay but that isn't."

Weft and warp make the cloth, eh?  ;)

I mean if we're going to throw the baby out with the bathwater, let's be sure to be efficient here instead of tit for tat.

Please don't open that pandora's box, Monty... oy!   ::) :P

Okie-doke!   ;)

cnitas

Now that we are all shaving and doing the AF PFT, do we get to wear 'hard' rank on service dress?   >:D
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Al Sayre

Yep, just stop by your local recruiting office for your permission slip... ;D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SoCalCAPOfficer

When I was younger and worked at General Dynamics as a Field Subcontractor Rep, I had a neatly trimmed beard.   One week while I was out on the road, I came back and found I had a new supervisor.  This guy was ex military and did not like the beard and let me know it.   However, his approach worked well and I shaved the beard.  Heres what he said "I cannot order you to shave that beard, but I am the guy that approves the promotions and I was going to give you a ten thousand dollar raise based on your performance, however, you do understand it is entirely up to my discrestion."   I immediately went home and shaved, came back with a bloody face and said "wheres my ten thousand".  I got the raise.

On the other hand,  when I joined CAP I had the beard back (it helps cover my psoriasis).   I kept it until I became squadron commander.  I voluntarily shaved it so as to present the proper image to the cadets.  Now I have one question, "where is my ten thousand dollars?".
Daniel L. Hough, Maj, CAP
Commander
Hemet Ryan Sq 59  PCR-CA-458

CAP_truth

The check is in the U. S. mail. I think, same as my check which I have been waiting for for over 7 years. SNAIL MAIL. Let me know if you get yours.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

PhotogPilot

Quote from: SoCalCAPOfficer on November 07, 2007, 09:02:39 PM
When I was younger and worked at General Dynamics as a Field Subcontractor Rep, I had a neatly trimmed beard.   One week while I was out on the road, I came back and found I had a new supervisor.  This guy was ex military and did not like the beard and let me know it.   However, his approach worked well and I shaved the beard.  Heres what he said "I cannot order you to shave that beard, but I am the guy that approves the promotions and I was going to give you a ten thousand dollar raise based on your performance, however, you do understand it is entirely up to my discrestion."   I immediately went home and shaved, came back with a bloody face and said "wheres my ten thousand".  I got the raise.

On the other hand,  when I joined CAP I had the beard back (it helps cover my psoriasis).   I kept it until I became squadron commander.  I voluntarily shaved it so as to present the proper image to the cadets.  Now I have one question, "where is my ten thousand dollars?".

We can't do the 10 large right now, but how about a 500% raise?

Fifinella

Quote from: star1151 on November 06, 2007, 05:50:47 PM
Seriously, are there really *that* many aircrew members so overweight they impede a mission?  I find that hard to believe.
Perhaps you don't live in the South?  We grow some pretty large Bubbas down here.  And the heat & humidity sure don't help the takeoff data.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

LittleIronPilot

Quote from: Fifinella on November 10, 2007, 05:39:01 AM
Seriously, are there really *that* many aircrew members so overweight they impede a mission?  I find that hard to believe.
Perhaps you don't live in the South?  We grow some pretty large Bubbas down here.  And the heat & humidity sure don't help the takeoff data.

Soooooo true!

star1151

Quote from: Fifinella on November 10, 2007, 05:39:01 AM

I do live in the South....I don't know, I suppose I just haven't run into any aircrew type who are that overweight.

aveighter

Quote from: star1151 on November 10, 2007, 02:22:45 PM
I do live in the South....I don't know, I suppose I just haven't run into any aircrew type who are that overweight.

You need to get out more.

star1151

Quote from: aveighter on November 10, 2007, 02:39:57 PM
Quote from: star1151 on November 10, 2007, 02:22:45 PM

You need to get out more.

I won't argue that.