Main Menu

101 cards

Started by PWK-GT, June 24, 2005, 05:06:54 AM

pixelwonk

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 26, 2005, 02:36:05 PM
Quote from: griggs5113 on June 26, 2005, 02:33:17 AM
Do you have any friends w/ a functioning computer / printer? You can still input your CAP ID / password and print off of theirs......
;D
However, any issues you have with a bad password still need to be addressed. Is it because of your computer? Or is it something else......
to be honest i don't know. I have tried on 8 diffrent computers and nothing seems to work. I have tried every password i have for everything else and nothing is working. It is so confusing. I just can't seem to make it work. I have tried several things. I trie to log on with my friends cellphone and that doesn't even work. I don't know what to do.
I even tried logging on for the NH Wing Web Site and that doesn't even work...

Ok, this maybe a silly question but...

Since you are a relatively new cadet, and you mentioned you tried on several different computers, I have to ask:

Have you done your 116 Test yet?  Do you have Basic ES Qualification?
If not, there's no point in printing out a 101 card, because you wouldn't possess the minimum qualifications.

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: tedda on June 27, 2005, 10:09:56 PM
Quote from: Cheergirl on June 26, 2005, 02:36:05 PM
Quote from: griggs5113 on June 26, 2005, 02:33:17 AM
Do you have any friends w/ a functioning computer / printer? You can still input your CAP ID / password and print off of theirs......
;D
However, any issues you have with a bad password still need to be addressed. Is it because of your computer? Or is it something else......
to be honest i don't know. I have tried on 8 diffrent computers and nothing seems to work. I have tried every password i have for everything else and nothing is working. It is so confusing. I just can't seem to make it work. I have tried several things. I trie to log on with my friends cellphone and that doesn't even work. I don't know what to do.
I even tried logging on for the NH Wing Web Site and that doesn't even work...

Ok, this maybe a silly question but...

Since you are a relatively new cadet, and you mentioned you tried on several different computers, I have to ask:

Have you done your 116 Test yet?  Do you have Basic ES Qualification?
If not, there's no point in printing out a 101 card, because you wouldn't possess the minimum qualifications.
tedda yes i did take the 116 and the 117 and the continuing edu parts 1, 2, &3 i also took the SkilllS Evaluator, and passed them all and yes i am GES certified... But thaanks for asking..
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquí yo vengo.

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 26, 2005, 01:52:01 AM
the cards can only be found on e-services rihgt. If so... What am i supppose to do. My computer isnot working and i can't get my password to work.
thank god it's working finally.
i have a question when you first become certified in es it it supervised right... ???
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquí yo vengo.

MIKE

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 29, 2005, 05:05:19 PM
i have a question when you first become certified in es it it supervised right... ???

Your 101 card will note whether you are fully qualified or are on supervised trainee status... Look for the * next to a qualification.
Mike Johnston

Schmidty06

I've been working on figuring out how to get the computer generated 101 card off of MIMS onto a CAP membership card shaped and sized PVC card.  Once upon a time, I got close to perfection by copy-pasting the actual html table that the 101 card is build with into another in-house .html file that I made and printing the end result on one of our PVC card printers.  To get the reverse side, I simply put only the table for the reverse side in my mini-html file and printed it.  However, that takes too much effort and I am trying to find an easier way.

SarDragon

In two words - There isn't! I spent several hours messing around with different methods, and came up with nothing.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

whatevah

just got back from NESA...

the Illinois people there have their cards printed on yellow paper, however every student was given a new 101 card, printed on white paper and then laminated.  this card didn't have the "glossary" that you get through MIMS, so I dunno how they were printed, I was busy doing other stuff at the time.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Pylon

Quote from: Christin Bonnett on June 27, 2005, 08:30:39 PM
if you didn't laminate them then who exactly did...

Uh, probably the issuing authority.

There's got to be a decent way to fit the 101 card decently onto a PVC, with the glossary somehow included.  It would certainly help immensely.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Schmidty06

Or Kinko's, depending on how pro-active or anti-active you are.

Matt

I'm not quite sure why you'd want the glossary.... if you're signing into a mission, the MSA checking you in should know what each is, and you probably should since you've qualified in them....
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

ladyreferee

I have another question, if I may.  What do you study before you take the 116 test?  Do you study the General Emergency Services Task Booklet, or the CAPR 60-3, or both?
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

Horn229

Study the 60-3 and the Gen ES Slide before you take it, and have the 60-3 with you when you take it. The tasks in the Gen ES task book is just some tasks that are required for mulitple specialties, they are not required to get Gen ES.
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

Pylon

Quote from: Matt on August 13, 2005, 05:52:38 AM
I'm not quite sure why you'd want the glossary.... if you're signing into a mission, the MSA checking you in should know what each is, and you probably should since you've qualified in them....

Regarding the glossary, I have a different position on questioning its need.  If you're not qualified in 90% of the abbreviations on the glossary, why bother try to get the whole list on there.  In fact, why have a glossary at all?

Instead, why not simply write out the name of the specialty right after the abbreviation and expiry date.

For example:

GES - 1/2099 - General Emergency Services
GTM3 - 1/2006 - Ground Team Mbr. Level 3
MO - 1/2006 - Mission Observer
MS - 1/2006 - Mission Scanner
etc.....

No more worries about confusion over the abbreviations and no more worries trying to fit that unneeded glossary somewhere on the card.

Mac

I would have to agree with most on here, why do you need the glossary on there to begin with. I just cut it off of mine and then fold the 101 in half so it is front to back and slide it into my ID holder.
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Pylon

Quote from: Nukem on August 18, 2005, 07:21:20 PM
I would have to agree with most on here, why do you need the glossary on there to begin with. I just cut it off of mine and then fold the 101 in half so it is front to back and slide it into my ID holder.

Well the original argument pro-glossary was that it would define what you were qualified for if someone didn't know what all the different, cryptic abbreviations stood for.  However, if you simply define the abbreviation after it, then there's no issue.  No glossary needed, no confusion created.

Matt

Then we'd end up, like purists, at the previous edition of the 101 Card in which printed the name, not the abbriviation  ;)  Then again, I like those better anyways, looked nicer and easier to define what was happening on it then these new ones...

Also, just was gandering about on the plastic ID's... the cards themselves are actually reasonably priced (about $3 each).  Provided you have the printer the process itself is also quite inexpensive.  However if you have to purchase the printer... it costs a pretty penny, unless one could find a true enough reason to have one purchased for them or donated, I'm really not sure that it is entirely worth it....

Pylon

Well I don't have one of those PVC printers (which can run you anywheres from $1k to $3k), but I do have professional laminating equipment for cards.  And I have a number of laminate pouches, as well.

I could play around with some 101 card templates and running them through the laminator to see how they look.  If I can come up with something nice, I wouldn't mind having people send me cards to laminate for like $1 or something. 

I'll have to wait until things at work and CAP calm down, sometime around October.

Matt

I think if I gander around I still might have an AutoCAD template of one (as my CO reads this and is shaking his head), please note, I had a VERY boring senior year in HS, one runs out of drawing with 4hrs per day in a CAD lab.

I may throw something together if I find time and can probably forward it onto you.

MIKE

Took a number of years of CAD classes in high school... The math involved scared me off of pursuing it any further... Ended up going to school for TV & Radio Production & Broadcasting as there was a lot less math involved.
Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on August 19, 2005, 02:30:55 PM
Took a number of years of CAD classes in high school... The math involved scared me off of pursuing it any further... Ended up going to school for TV & Radio Production & Broadcasting as there was a lot less math involved.

....Math...  *shudder*    :-X