Main Menu

NOTF ain't ALL Bad

Started by Skyray, August 15, 2007, 06:04:22 PM

Skyray

From NOTF:
QuoteCivil Air Patrol officer assumes command of task force in southern Afghanistan
     U.S Army Lt. Col. Jayson A. Altieri, a former Civil Air Patrol Virginia Wing cadet and current member of the CAP's North Carolina Wing, assumed command of an 82nd Airborne Division aviation task force at ceremonies held last month at Kandahar Air Base, Afghanistan.
    Altieri, a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter aviator with more than 2,000 hours flight time, was selected by the vice chief of staff of the Army to command the task force's 500 soldiers and airmen and 30 aircraft.
    Task Force Corsair, which is equipped with AH-64 Apache, CH-47 Chinook, and UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters, is assigned to Joint Task Force 82. His unit supports the entire North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) mission in southern Afghanistan.
    Altieri previously flew numerous combat missions in 2004-2005 supporting Army and Marine Corps ground forces during Operation Iraq Freedom.
    Col. Altieri, a 23-year veteran of the U.S. Army and a 27-year member of the Civil Air Patrol, is a assigned to North Carolina Wing's Fayetteville Composite Squadron. He learned to fly as a CAP cadet in 1982, and still performs duties as a CAP cadet orientation and search- and-rescue pilot.
    The Civil Air Patrol is the volunteer, civilian Auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

Major Carrales

Quote from: Skyray on August 15, 2007, 06:04:22 PM
From NOTF:
QuoteCivil Air Patrol officer assumes command of task force in southern Afghanistan
     U.S Army Lt. Col. Jayson A. Altieri, a former Civil Air Patrol Virginia Wing cadet and current member of the CAP's North Carolina Wing, assumed command of an 82nd Airborne Division aviation task force at ceremonies held last month at Kandahar Air Base, Afghanistan.
    Altieri, a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter aviator with more than 2,000 hours flight time, was selected by the vice chief of staff of the Army to command the task force's 500 soldiers and airmen and 30 aircraft.
    Task Force Corsair, which is equipped with AH-64 Apache, CH-47 Chinook, and UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters, is assigned to Joint Task Force 82. His unit supports the entire North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) mission in southern Afghanistan.
    Altieri previously flew numerous combat missions in 2004-2005 supporting Army and Marine Corps ground forces during Operation Iraq Freedom.
    Col. Altieri, a 23-year veteran of the U.S. Army and a 27-year member of the Civil Air Patrol, is a assigned to North Carolina Wing's Fayetteville Composite Squadron. He learned to fly as a CAP cadet in 1982, and still performs duties as a CAP cadet orientation and search- and-rescue pilot.
    The Civil Air Patrol is the volunteer, civilian Auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force.

While Citizen Munger has had this troubles in the past...you can call up some of my own posts on the matter...however, as the certain tides of "agendism" retreat, he could be a source of praise for CAP.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Lancer

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 15, 2007, 06:06:45 PM
...he could be a source of praise for CAP.

You call 'cut and pasting' praise? Anything good ever said about CAP on NOTF is simply taken verbatim from other sources. The only time anything 'original' is added to their 'news digest' is when they(read:Munger) have an axe to grind.

meh.

Skyray

I don't want to risk getting another thread locked, but at some point Tony directed his PAOs not to respond to NOTF nor send them press releases.  Kind of hard to generate original material under those circumstances.  I have seen Skip reaching out to say nice things about CAP over the last weeks since he took some criticism about unbalanced coverage.  Unfortunately, when you face an embargo by the National Commander, favorable material can only be gained by cutting and pasting.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Conical

A couple years ago I had the unpleasant experience of trying to work with Mr. Munger and his staff in order to correct some incorrect information he published.  No matter how hard I tried to be considerate of the man and his staff and no matter how hard I tried to present the actual facts to him, he and his staff persisted in twisting the facts as presented to them and finally ended up calling me and those on the NHQ staff who were helping me liars.  In my opinion, the man does not deserve recognition as a reporter and gives other members of the media a reputation even worse than what they have earned themselves.

M.S.

Does anybody know if NOTF is a member of the World Association of Newspapers, the Newspaper Association of America, Online Publisher's Association or anything of the sort? 

Are any of the reporters members of a Press Association?

Because it seems to me they parade as a real news outlet when in fact what really exists are a handful of people who write poorly and post to a crappy website of all things.  I haven't seen anything that would induce the word ''professional'' to come to mind.

Skyray

Years ago when I came up and posted on the Florida Reflector about the bad stuff a certain Cadet Squadron CC was trying to pull off, I was hit with a literal barrage of hate postings from anonymous sources.  I notice both of you are anonymous and have ten or less posts.  Wow! I am having deja vu.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Conical

Their home page implies that NoTF is a member of both the International Press Association and the Internatioanl Writers Association.  They did brag at one time that they were an award winning news reporting organization.  Never did say what award or who awarded it to them.

Skyray

He gets letters to the editor from John McCain.  I don't know what that does for his credibility, but at least some senatorial staff reads it.
Doug Johnson - Miami

RiverAux

If a legitimate news organization ever looked at NOTF, they would sue them for so many copyright violations it wouldn't even be funny.  As was said, it is all illegally copied and pasted from real newspapers, including some articles about CAP, except for when they publish anti-CAP diatribes.

CAPSeahawk8

Jayson is a great guy all around and have had the privilege to know him for several years. He's a great pilot and always ready to fly a mission for CAP or the Army for that matter.

Capt Andy Wiggs
CV, Group 3 NC Wing

brasda91

Jayson was also a member of the KY Wing.  I have had the pleasure of working with him.  I fill privileged to to know him and see him continue to progress in his military career.  Not to mention, he's associated with my former active duty unit, 82nd Airborne.  Awesome!!  It's great being able to say "I know that guy!"
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Skyray

Nice to see this thread become a little more focused on the positive.  Aside to Wade, if you could get Jayson to attend your next open house, that would make a nice hook for your press release.
Doug Johnson - Miami

brasda91

Quote from: Skyray on August 16, 2007, 01:40:45 PM
Aside to Wade, if you could get Jayson to attend your next open house, that would make a nice hook for your press release.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Major Carrales

Once the Scandals die down...what will these places talk about?  Uniforms?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Skyray

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 18, 2007, 05:21:22 AM
Once the Scandals die down...what will these places talk about?  Uniforms?

How to improve the day to day operation of CAP?

Techniques for interacting with SAR organizations (sheriff, mountain rescue, etc)?

How to program a P-25?
Doug Johnson - Miami