Main Menu

So the trailer is toxic

Started by CLB, August 08, 2007, 02:31:21 AM

mikeylikey

Never heard about a recall!  In fact, you can do whatever you want inside, if they recall it you will only loose your hard work and time.  I am sure it is on of your higher ups who doesn't want to invest their time or hard work that started the "recall don't touch trailer" rumor.
What's up monkeys?

SAR-EMT1

But there are honest to God Health issues at play here. People HAVE died from spending time in them. (One was a boy who spent the night with a friend, he didnt live there by any means)

If CAP or anyone else is to use these things, then strip them to the frame (and tear out the floor) and check for mold - make sure to have a respirator on when you do, a dust mask wont cut it -
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

mikeylikey

^  If this is the case......we need to ask why was the Federal Government trying to kill hurricane victims?  Conspiracy?  I think so!  If anything someone should go to jail......that someone being the CEO/corporate tools of the firm that sold FEMA the trailers.
What's up monkeys?

JohnKachenmeister

1 kid spent 1 night in a trailer and died?

Then why isn't EVERYBODY who lived there dead?

I'm sorry, but over the years I have learned to become a bit skeptical when pseudo-scientists make wild claims of "Health hazards," then cite anecdotal evidence in support of their claim.
Another former CAP officer